Grails Plugin Development Best Practices (Please Help!)

Grails Plugin Development Best Practices (Please Help!)

Mike Powers
Hello Grails Developers!

During SpringOne 2011, Peter Ledbrook gave a excellent talk on Grails plugin development best practices. I thought the talk had a lot of great advice for plugin developers, and thought it would be a good idea to publish the tips online. I recently started working to transform the presentation slides into a Grails Howto.

I have finally reached a point where it's time to pass the guide off to the community. The plugin development guide needs a lot of work, but I think we have a starting point. I think a comprehensive guide to plugin development will help improve the quality of Grails plugins, and promote additional plugin development.

You can fork a copy of the guide and start contributing, by visiting the grails-howtos project on github:

There are many smart and talented plugin developers on this mailing list, I look forward to seeing how the community shapes this guide. Sorry I can't take the guide further, but I'm not a plugin expert. :-)

Thanks for all the hard work, I can't wait to see whats next for the Grails community!

-Mike

Re: Grails Plugin Development Best Practices (Please Help!)

pledbrook
> You can fork a copy of the guide and start contributing, by visiting the
> grails-howtos project on github:
> https://github.com/grails/grails-howtos
>

> There are many smart and talented plugin developers on this mailing list, I
> look forward to seeing how the community shapes this guide. Sorry I can't
> take the guide further, but I'm not a plugin expert. :-)

Thanks Mike! Much appreciated. Hopefully we'll get some contributions
to it now that it has been started.

Peter

--
Peter Ledbrook
Developer Advocate

t: @pledbrook

Re: Grails Plugin Development Best Practices (Please Help!)

Fedor Belov
Sorry guys, where can I view it compiled online?

Re: Grails Plugin Development Best Practices (Please Help!)

pledbrook
> Sorry guys, where can I view it compiled online?

There was a problem with GitHub Pages that meant the new page wasn't
appearing. It's there now:

    http://grails.github.com/grails-howtos/

See "Writing a good-citizen plugin". You may need to refresh to clear
any cached versions of the page.

HTH,

Peter

--
Peter Ledbrook
Developer Advocate

t: @pledbrook

Re: Grails Plugin Development Best Practices (Please Help!)

sergiomichels
The link https://github.com/Grailsrocks/grails-plugin-platform is broken. This is the grails-platform-core?

--
Sérgio Michels

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 11:24 AM, Peter Ledbrook <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Sorry guys, where can I view it compiled online?

There was a problem with GitHub Pages that meant the new page wasn't
appearing. It's there now:

    http://grails.github.com/grails-howtos/

See "Writing a good-citizen plugin". You may need to refresh to clear
any cached versions of the page.

HTH,

Peter

--
Peter Ledbrook
Developer Advocate
VMware

t: @pledbrook

Re: Grails Plugin Development Best Practices (Please Help!)

pledbrook
> The link https://github.com/Grailsrocks/grails-plugin-platform is broken.
> This is the grails-platform-core?

Yes, the repository was renamed.