Quantcast

Grails UI i18n support for DatePicker...

Grails UI i18n support for DatePicker...

fjorback

Hi!

In our project we have a application supporting 5 languages.

When using the Grails UI Datepicker we encountered that this element is not locale aware.
(You can set the static strings using scripting in your GSP but that's not a nice solution in our opinion)

To handle this situation, we now have a patch for Grails-ui Datepicker, which will auto-detect the current locale - get information about day names, month names, starting day of week etc., and do the scripting required behind the scene to get the Datepicker to behave as expected in a multi-language environment.
Obtaining the local is done the same way as with <g:message />, so ?lang=XX will also set the language for Datepicker.

When the patch is ready and tested - how do we proceed?
Can we submit these changes to the Grails UI plugin? (we do have an Xircles account for another plugin of our own)
- Or should we create a Jira issue and attach the patch instead?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Multi-Support R&D A/S

Henrik Fjorback

Re: Grails UI i18n support for DatePicker...

Robin L.
Is this done? I'd like to see this work is done and a I18 datePicker can be used.