Grails Unit testing improvements for Grails 2.4; call for feedback

Grails Unit testing improvements for Grails 2.4; call for feedback

Lari Hotari
Hello all,

Minor unit testing framework improvements are planned for Grails 2.4

http://jira.grails.org/browse/GRAILS-11001 (top-level task)

For example:
- Use similar test setup/teardown method ordering semantics as Junit
- Add doWithSpring & doWithConfig callbacks for unit tests
- Allow registering mocked instances as Spring beans in unit test context

Please vote on the issues so that we find out if the issues have any demand.
What's most painful in Grails unit testing? What do you hope that gets
fixed for Grails 2.4?

-Lari

Re: [grails-user] Grails Unit testing improvements for Grails 2.4; call for feedback

Marcin Gryszko-2
I'd like that my issue about shared source directory [1] is included in the improvement pack. It's being shifted to every next version since Grails 1.4 :)

Cheers,

Marcin

Marcin Gryszko