Grails for android

Steve Froehlich
Hi,

I think Grails is great. The main value I get from it is: understanding best practices (by seeing the patterns, libraries, and algorithms used in Grails), rapid prototyping of ideas and production grade framework/libraries, in that order. I thought it would be interesting to have something similar for Android, which I thought fits with the Grails JVM based ecosystem. As far as I can find nothing really exists to provide the above value on Android/mobile, especially a convention based framework.

Given web development in general is becoming increasingly mobile focused I was wondering if anyone had thoughts on this topic? Does something exist? If not would it make sense to try? What would be a good starting point if someone was to try?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Re: Grails for android

Arthur Liu

There are 3 way you can using Grails in Mobile app:

1, Using Grails as a backend via REST api.
2, Using Grails as a webview.
3, React Grails integration for Mobile (Liferay has already make a Mobile portal base reactjs)

Or, maybe you want to use Groovy instead java for Android app?