Grails on Virtual Server not even loading

Grails on Virtual Server not even loading

Amit Kapit
Hi All Together

I'm having quite an irritating issue and I wonder whether any of you guys have had this: I'm trying to deploy an application to a virtual (Debian) server, so installing the whole environment.

Sun's Java 6 is installed and seems to be running

Testing if Grails is working:

amit@server ~$ grails create-app
| Configuring classpath

$ top says:
PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND
27304 amit      20   0 1198m 349m  11m S  0.0 17.1   0:13.44 java

Stays this way until killing the process );

Any idea how to go on debugging this? Finding out what's wrong?

Thanks,

Amit.

Re: Grails on Virtual Server not even loading

sergiomichels
This post was updated on .
Which version of Grails? Aren't you missing the name of the app (grails
create-app test)?

--
Sérgio Michels

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 6:47 AM, Amit Kapit <jakubowicz.amit@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi All Together
>
> I'm having quite an irritating issue and I wonder whether any of you guys
> have had this: I'm trying to deploy an application to a virtual (Debian)
> server, so installing the whole environment.
>
> Sun's Java 6 is installed and seems to be running
>
> Testing if Grails is working:
>
> amit@server ~$ grails create-app
> | Configuring classpath
>
> $ top says:
> PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND
> 27304 amit      20   0 1198m 349m  11m S  0.0 17.1   0:13.44 java
>
> Stays this way until killing the process );
>
> Any idea how to go on debugging this? Finding out what's wrong?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Amit.

Re: Grails on Virtual Server not even loading

Amit Kapit
Hi Sergio,

Thanks for your answer.

You are right one could supply a parameter to create-app, but otherwise Grails' dynamic console should ask you for a name. This was Grails 2.1.1.

Trying with Grails 2.2.0 gave somewhat better results; namely, I could create a new app but running it was not possible. Ususally it just hangs. One time I got the following JVM error:

amit@server test$ ~/workspace/grails-2.2.0/bin/grails -Dgrails.env=development -server -Xmx512M -XX:MaxPermSize=256m run-app
| Packaging Grails application.....
#
[thread 1871846256 also had an error]#

#  Internal Error (safepoint.cpp:610), pid=29293, tid=1908407152[thread 1872173936 also had an error]

#  fatal error: Deadlock in safepoint code.  Should have called back to the VM before blocking.
#
[thread 1924856688 also had an error]# JRE version: 6.0_26-b03

# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (20.1-b02 mixed mode linux-x86 )
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /home/amit/test/hs_err_pid29293.log
#
#   http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
#
Aborted

I've put Java's log into the following paste bin: http://pastebin.com/LBBTf1mz
On 16-Jan-2013, at 2:05 PM, Amit Kapit [via Grails] wrote:

Hi Sergio,

Thanks for your answer.

You are right one could supply a parameter to create-app, but otherwise Grails' dynamic console should ask you for a name. This was Grails 2.1.1.

Trying with Grails 2.2.0 gave somewhat better results; namely, I could create a new app but running it was not possible. Ususally it just hangs. One time I got the following JVM error:

amit@server test$ ~/workspace/grails-2.2.0/bin/grails -Dgrails.env=development -server -Xmx512M -XX:MaxPermSize=256m run-app
| Packaging Grails application.....
#
[thread 1871846256 also had an error]#

#  Internal Error (safepoint.cpp:610), pid=29293, tid=1908407152[thread 1872173936 also had an error]

#  fatal error: Deadlock in safepoint code.  Should have called back to the VM before blocking.
#
[thread 1924856688 also had an error]# JRE version: 6.0_26-b03

# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (20.1-b02 mixed mode linux-x86 )
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /home/amit/test/hs_err_pid29293.log
#
#   http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
#
Aborted

http://grails.1312388.n4.nabble.com/Grails-on-Virtual-Server-not-even-loading-tp4640247p4640265.html
To unsubscribe from Grails on Virtual Server not even loading, click here.
NAML