Grails on wikipedia

Steven Devijver
Guys,

I've quickly created an article on wikipedia on Grails. If anyone has
more time please feel free to update.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grails

Steven

Re: Grails on wikipedia

Stephan.Schmidt
Guys,

some time ago I  created a page on Swik Wiki on open source projects
about  Grails

http://swik.net/grails

If  someone has some  ideas what to write, feel free  to
update.

bye
-stephan

--
   Stephan Schmidt
   [hidden email]

   PRESS ON. Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.
   Talent will not; nothing in the world is more common than
unsuccessful
   men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a
proverb.
   Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence
   and determination alone are omnipotent. - Calvin Coolidge

Re: Grails on wikipedia

Jonathan Carlson
I like it.

The Wikipedia maintainers are rather picky about entries being as
impartial as possible.  It would be probably a good idea to remove all
of the "good" adjectives which are highly subjective.   The maintainers
do check new pages because the Wicket project had their initial page put
on probation for being too "Yay team!!!".

For example, "good" could be dropped from all of the below lines
without losing the meaning:

Offer good documentation of those part of the framework that matter.
Good AJAX support that is easy to extend and customize.
Provide good sample applications that demonstrate the power of the
framework.

Personally, I'd like to see you mention who the target audience is.  I
could add these things, but I don't

>>> [hidden email] 2006-03-30 12:02:27 PM >>>
Guys,

I've quickly created an article on wikipedia on Grails. If anyone has
more time please feel free to update.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grails

Steven

the system manager.

Katun Corporation -- www.katun.com

Re: Grails on wikipedia

Steven Devijver
Thanks for this remark, I've updated the page accordingly.

On 3/30/06, Jonathan Carlson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I like it.
>
> The Wikipedia maintainers are rather picky about entries being as
> impartial as possible.  It would be probably a good idea to remove all
> of the "good" adjectives which are highly subjective.   The maintainers
> do check new pages because the Wicket project had their initial page put
> on probation for being too "Yay team!!!".
>
> For example, "good" could be dropped from all of the below lines
> without losing the meaning:
>
> Offer good documentation of those part of the framework that matter.
> Good AJAX support that is easy to extend and customize.
> Provide good sample applications that demonstrate the power of the
> framework.
>
> Personally, I'd like to see you mention who the target audience is.  I
> could add these things, but I don't

> Guys,
>
> I've quickly created an article on wikipedia on Grails. If anyone has
> more time please feel free to update.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grails
>
> Steven

> the system manager.
>
> Katun Corporation -- www.katun.com

Steven Devijver
Senior Consultant
Interface21
Spring Services from the Source
http://www.interface21.com

Co-author, "Expert Spring MVC and Web Flow"
(February 2006, with Seth Ladd, Darren Davison, and Colin Yates)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/159059584X

Interface21 NL B.V.
Donker Curtiusstraat 7-400c
1051JL Amsterdam