Grails plugin dependency pulled into maven cache, but main project can't resolve classes

Grails plugin dependency pulled into maven cache, but main project can't resolve classes

tsarfservices
 Using Grails 2.5.4

  •  I have a plugin that uses the Twilio SDK (7+).
  •   The plugin packages without error.
  •   When I run the main project it throws an error saying that the it cannot resolve the *import com.twilio.Twilio* class in the plugin  controllers/services.
  •   I confirm that the Twilio SDK has been pulled into the local Maven cache when the plugin was pulled in, so it knows to get the dependency.
  •   The main project BuildConfig includes mavenLocal() in the dependency resolution.

Where do I look next to find the cause of this dependency resolution problem?

plugin dependencies.groovy

  grails.project.dependency.resolver = "maven"
    grails
.project.dependency.resolution = {

// inherit Grails' default dependencies
    inherits
("global") {

// excludes 'ehcache'

}
    log
"warn" // log level of Ivy resolver, either 'error', 'warn', 'info', 'debug' or 'verbose'
    legacyResolve
false // whether to do a secondary resolve on plugin installation, not advised and here for backwards compatibility
    repositories
{
        grailsCentral
()

// uncomment the below to enable remote dependency resolution

// from public Maven repositories
        mavenLocal
()
        mavenCentral
()

}
    dependencies
{
          compile
'com.twilio.sdk:twilio:7.8.0'

}

in plugin.xml

 <dependencies>

<compile>

<dependency group='com.twilio.sdk' name='twilio' version='7.8.0' />

</compile>

</dependencies>

In main project BuildConfig.gorrcy

     plugins{