Grails plugin dependency pulled into maven cache, but main project can't resolve classes

Grails plugin dependency pulled into maven cache, but main project can't resolve classes

 Using Grails 2.5.4

  •  I have a plugin that uses the Twilio SDK (7+).
  •   The plugin packages without error.
  •   When I run the main project it throws an error saying that the it cannot resolve the *import com.twilio.Twilio* class in the plugin  controllers/services.
  •   I confirm that the Twilio SDK has been pulled into the local Maven cache when the plugin was pulled in, so it knows to get the dependency.
  •   The main project BuildConfig includes mavenLocal() in the dependency resolution.

Where do I look next to find the cause of this dependency resolution problem?

plugin dependencies.groovy
  grails.project.dependency.resolver = "maven"
.project.dependency.resolution = {
// inherit Grails' default dependencies
("global") {
// excludes 'ehcache'
"warn" // log level of Ivy resolver, either 'error', 'warn', 'info', 'debug' or 'verbose'
false // whether to do a secondary resolve on plugin installation, not advised and here for backwards compatibility
// uncomment the below to enable remote dependency resolution
// from public Maven repositories

in plugin.xml

<dependency group='com.twilio.sdk' name='twilio' version='7.8.0' />

In main project BuildConfig.gorrcy

running grails dependency-report I see

But it has no sub dependencies listed.

For more options, visit