Grails upgrade from 2.2.4 to 2.2.5 makes every Grails command top ask updating to a previous version of the Hibernate plugin

Grails upgrade from 2.2.4 to 2.2.5 makes every Grails command top ask updating to a previous version of the Hibernate plugin

aruizca
Hi all,

although I have changed all my application.properties (for the host app and the inplace plugins) to:

app.grails.version=2.2.5

and that my BuildConfig.groovy Hibernate dependency is declared as follows:

runtime ":hibernate:$grailsVersion"

I get the following question every time I execute any Grails command:

You currently already have a version of the plugin installed [hibernate-2.2.5]. Do you want to update to [hibernate-2.2.4]? [y,n]

Any idea how to stop this annoying question? Has it happened to anyone before?

Cheers!
Angel.

Re: Grails upgrade from 2.2.4 to 2.2.5 makes every Grails command top ask updating to a previous version of the Hibernate plugin

David Estes
run grails dependency-report track down which plugin is requiring it.
--
David Estes
Sent with Airmail

Cheers!
Angel.

Re: Grails upgrade from 2.2.4 to 2.2.5 makes every Grails command top ask updating to a previous version of the Hibernate plugin

burtbeckwith
This should be on the User list.

Did you delete the installed plugin directory? It's also possible that you have a plugin installed that has a dependency on version 2.2.4 of Hibernate. I've seen that a few times, and usually it's due to the author needing the plugin for development and testing, but not excluding the dependency. It's tricky because $grailsVersion seems like it would work correctly in the plugin and in the app, but it is resolved during publishing and ends up as a fixed version because POM files are used for dependencies, not BuildConfig.groovy or dependencies.groovy.

Burt

aruizca wrote

Cheers!
Angel.

Re: Grails upgrade from 2.2.4 to 2.2.5 makes every Grails command top ask updating to a previous version of the Hibernate plugin

aruizca
Thanks guys!

I'll let you know if I make any progress.

Cheers,
Angel.