Groovy/Grails rest client usage?

marcopas
Hi there, currently we are trying to decide what to use as
plugin/library etc for consuming rest services in our Grails
application. We have searched around and found a lot of possibilities.

- Grails Rest Client Builder
- Grails REST client facilities
- Groovy HttpBuilder
- Groovy WSLite

Probably i forgot some.. ;) my question boils down to what the experts
would advice? I checked also the plugin use on the Grails portal but
that does not help me a lot.

Is there a plugin or library that someone could highly recommend?

(ps. we need to have the possiblities to send additional headers with
the Rest request)

Re: Groovy/Grails rest client usage?

John Moore
Your needs may be different from mine, but I got on very well with WsLite and can really recommend it if it does what you want. It did everything we required, well, and kept out of my way.

The Journey Is The Reward.

Re: Groovy/Grails rest client usage?

catalan42
I am just starting out here, but have used HttpBuilder for building a Griffon frontend and a Grails backend with JSON communication (see example in Chapter #13 of Griffon in Action).  It seems to work quite well - no fuss, no muss.
Alan Thompson

> On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 10:09 AM, Marco Pas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi there, currently we are trying to decide what to use as
>> plugin/library etc for consuming rest services in our Grails
>> application. We have searched around and found a lot of possibilities.
>>
>> - Grails Rest Client Builder
>> - Grails REST client facilities
>> - Groovy HttpBuilder
>> - Groovy WSLite
>>
>> Probably i forgot some.. ;) my question boils down to what the experts
>> would advice? I checked also the plugin use on the Grails portal but
>> that does not help me a lot.
>>
>> Is there a plugin or library that someone could highly recommend?
>>
>> (ps. we need to have the possiblities to send additional headers with
>> the Rest request)

RE: Groovy/Grails rest client usage?

Michael Rice
Im a huge fan of HttpBuilder in groovy. Adding extra headers is trivial. headers.MYHEADER = value

I use it for all of my rest client needs. Before I found it I always used the Jersey client since I knew it from having used it in Java so often.

-mike