Quantcast

Groovy on Rails is no more (kind of)

graemer
Dear Groovy & Grails Community,

I have been contacted by David Heinemeier Hansson, project lead and
creator of Ruby on Rails, and he has requested that we no longer use
the "on Rails" suffix or the name "Groovy on Rails". So out of respect
for David and not wanting to start a flame war with the Ruby community
we shall oblige and Groovy on Rails will now simply be known as
Grails.

Re: Groovy on Rails is no more (kind of)

Stephan.Schmidt
Which is better and ... well everyone was using Grails already.

I was so used to Grails that everytime I looked at JIRA (which
uses Groovy on Rails as the project name) I was buffled and wanted
to send you an eMail with the Request to change JIRA to Grails :-)

And well, nice they noticed

bye
-stephan

--
   Stephan Schmidt
   [hidden email]

   PRESS ON. Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.
   Talent will not; nothing in the world is more common than
unsuccessful
   men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a
proverb.
   Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence
   and determination alone are omnipotent. - Calvin Coolidge