Quantcast

Growth of Non-Heap PermGen Memory with a Grails Portlet

Growth of Non-Heap PermGen Memory with a Grails Portlet

Scott Umphrey

I have created a Grails portlet for use with the Luminis 5.3 (Ellucian) portal. When I deploy the war file the Non-Heap PermGem memory of the JVM is increased by 39,780 bytes and the classes are increased by 6,156. Each time I re-deploy the war file the bytes and classes are increased even though the portlet is the same. Eventually, the PermGen fills up and I have to restart the server. This is okay for development, but not for production. Does anyone have an idea about how I can work differently? Thanks.