Quantcast

HTTPBuilder (or other) Library with Grails

HTTPBuilder (or other) Library with Grails

Joshua Kehn
I'm writing some code against another API and I need to make HTTP calls. What is the most commonly used / “best” library for doing this?

The last time I did this in PHP I used cURL, which was less elegant then I care to admit.

Regards,

–Josh
____________________________________
Joshua Kehn | @joshkehn
http://joshuakehn.com

RE: HTTPBuilder (or other) Library with Grails

bksaville
There is the rest client plugin which uses HTTPBuilder underneath, but
Graeme just released the rest client builder plugin
(http://grails.org/plugin/rest-client-builder) which does the same thing
using Spring's RestTemplate underneath.  I would honestly take this one
over the HTTPBuilder one as I've had more many dependency issues with
HttpBuilder depending on an old version of http-client than I care to
count.

I've used Graeme's plugin, and it works great as far as I can tell.

HTH,
Brian

Re: HTTPBuilder (or other) Library with Grails

Jean Barmash 1
Josh,

Are you talking about something like HTTP builder?

http://groovy.codehaus.org/modules/http-builder/

There is also apache components:
http://hc.apache.org/

Lastly, for simple stuff (or prototyping), you may be able to use just simple groovy, especially with XMLSlurper or JSONSlurpers.

Thanks,

Jean

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Joshua Kehn <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm writing some code against another API and I need to make HTTP calls. What is the most commonly used / “best” library for doing this?

The last time I did this in PHP I used cURL, which was less elegant then I care to admit.

Regards,

–Josh
____________________________________
Joshua Kehn | @joshkehn
http://joshuakehn.com

Re: HTTPBuilder (or other) Library with Grails

Joshua Kehn
HTTP builder is exactly what I'm looking at. I was checking to see if there was something else I hadn't found.

Thanks,

–Josh
Joshua Kehn | @joshkehn
http://joshuakehn.com

On Mar 26, 2012, at 10:47 AM, Jean Barmash wrote:

[...]

rlovtangen
I used to use HTTP builder, but now I prefer groovy-wslite: https://github.com/jwagenleitner/groovy-wslite
Easy to use for REST, no external dependencies.

Ronny