Help with bad push of plugin zip

scryan
We are refactoring the multi tenant plugin and I accidentally pushed up a snapshot of the new plugin with an improper name.  The push was a zip only.  The bad one is called grails-multi-tenant-core and the good one is called multi-tenant-core.  What is the process for removing the SVN entry and the portal page entry as well?  The project is hosted on github and the source is not at codehaus at present.  This is a refactor of the current multi-tenant plugin located at multi-tenant by the original authors but moving to github to give people better access to fork the project.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Scott Ryan
President/CTO
Soaring Eagle L.L.C.
www.soaringeagleco.com
[hidden email]
(303) 263-3044

Re: Help with bad push of plugin zip

burtbeckwith
You can checkout the plugin's folder using any SVN client and work directly with the files. You can also use svn from the commandline, e.g.

svn mv -m"your commit message" https://svn.codehaus.org/grails-plugins/grails-multi-tenant-core/trunk/grails-grails-multi-tenant-core-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.zip https://svn.codehaus.org/grails-plugins/grails-multi-tenant-core/trunk/grails-multi-tenant-core-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.zip

You'll also need to cleanup https://svn.codehaus.org/grails-plugins/grails-multi-tenant-core/tags/RELEASE_1_0_0-SNAPSHOT/

There's a whole extra directory that needs to be removed also: https://svn.codehaus.org/grails-plugins/grails-grails-multi-tenant-core/

Burt

> We are refactoring the multi tenant plugin and I accidentally pushed up a snapshot of the new plugin with an improper name.  The push was a zip only.  The bad one is called grails-multi-tenant-core and the good one is called multi-tenant-core.  What is the process for removing the SVN entry and the portal page entry as well?  The project is hosted on github and the source is not at codehaus at present.  This is a refactor of the current multi-tenant plugin located at multi-tenant by the original authors but moving to github to give people better access to fork the project.
>
> Any assistance would be very much appreciated.
>
> Scott Ryan
> President/CTO
> Soaring Eagle L.L.C.
> www.soaringeagleco.com
> [hidden email]
> (303) 263-3044

Re: Help with bad push of plugin zip

scryan
Thanks for the direction.  The correct one pushed into the correct place I am just trying to get the extra portal page removed.  If delete the bad directory from SVN and the tags entry using SVN will be the bad portal page go away as well?   It is the name that is the problem so i need to remove the entire directory https://svn.codehaus.org/grails-plugins/grails-grails-multi-tenant-core as the correct one is https://svn.codehaus.org/grails-plugins/grails-multi-tenant-core and then do the same for the tags side.

How do I get the portal entry to go away?

Scott Ryan

On Oct 16, 2010, at 11:34 AM, Burt Beckwith wrote:

> You can checkout the plugin's folder using any SVN client and work directly with the files. You can also use svn from the commandline, e.g.
>
> svn mv -m"your commit message" https://svn.codehaus.org/grails-plugins/grails-multi-tenant-core/trunk/grails-grails-multi-tenant-core-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.zip https://svn.codehaus.org/grails-plugins/grails-multi-tenant-core/trunk/grails-multi-tenant-core-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.zip
>
> You'll also need to cleanup https://svn.codehaus.org/grails-plugins/grails-multi-tenant-core/tags/RELEASE_1_0_0-SNAPSHOT/
>
> There's a whole extra directory that needs to be removed also: https://svn.codehaus.org/grails-plugins/grails-grails-multi-tenant-core/
>
> Burt
>
>> We are refactoring the multi tenant plugin and I accidentally pushed up a snapshot of the new plugin with an improper name.  The push was a zip only.  The bad one is called grails-multi-tenant-core and the good one is called multi-tenant-core.  What is the process for removing the SVN entry and the portal page entry as well?  The project is hosted on github and the source is not at codehaus at present.  This is a refactor of the current multi-tenant plugin located at multi-tenant by the original authors but moving to github to give people better access to fork the project.
>>
>> Any assistance would be very much appreciated.
>>
>> Scott Ryan
>> President/CTO
>> Soaring Eagle L.L.C.
>> www.soaringeagleco.com
>> [hidden email]
>> (303) 263-3044

Re: Help with bad push of plugin zip

scryan
Also do how can i remove the entry in plugins.xml and the portal page?

Scott Ryan

On Oct 16, 2010, at 11:34 AM, Burt Beckwith wrote:

> You can checkout the plugin's folder using any SVN client and work directly with the files. You can also use svn from the commandline, e.g.
>
> svn mv -m"your commit message" https://svn.codehaus.org/grails-plugins/grails-multi-tenant-core/trunk/grails-grails-multi-tenant-core-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.zip https://svn.codehaus.org/grails-plugins/grails-multi-tenant-core/trunk/grails-multi-tenant-core-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.zip
>
> You'll also need to cleanup https://svn.codehaus.org/grails-plugins/grails-multi-tenant-core/tags/RELEASE_1_0_0-SNAPSHOT/
>
> There's a whole extra directory that needs to be removed also: https://svn.codehaus.org/grails-plugins/grails-grails-multi-tenant-core/
>
> Burt
>
>> We are refactoring the multi tenant plugin and I accidentally pushed up a snapshot of the new plugin with an improper name.  The push was a zip only.  The bad one is called grails-multi-tenant-core and the good one is called multi-tenant-core.  What is the process for removing the SVN entry and the portal page entry as well?  The project is hosted on github and the source is not at codehaus at present.  This is a refactor of the current multi-tenant plugin located at multi-tenant by the original authors but moving to github to give people better access to fork the project.
>>
>> Any assistance would be very much appreciated.
>>
>> Scott Ryan
>> President/CTO
>> Soaring Eagle L.L.C.
>> www.soaringeagleco.com
>> [hidden email]
>> (303) 263-3044

Re: Help with bad push of plugin zip

burtbeckwith
No, the portal page won't get removed. Hopefully Peter will be able to do that as he's been doing a lot of work on the grails.org site recently.

You also need to delete https://svn.codehaus.org/grails-plugins/grails-multi-tenant-core/tags/RELEASE_1_0_0-SNAPSHOT/grails-grails-multi-tenant-core-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.zip in addition to the extra directory.

Burt

> Thanks for the direction.  The correct one pushed into the correct place I am just trying to get the extra portal page removed.  If delete the bad directory from SVN and the tags entry using SVN will be the bad portal page go away as well?   It is the name that is the problem so i need to remove the entire directory https://svn.codehaus.org/grails-plugins/grails-grails-multi-tenant-core as the correct one is https://svn.codehaus.org/grails-plugins/grails-multi-tenant-core and then do the same for the tags side.
>
> How do I get the portal entry to go away?
>
> Scott Ryan
>
> On Oct 16, 2010, at 11:34 AM, Burt Beckwith wrote:
>
> > You can checkout the plugin's folder using any SVN client and work directly with the files. You can also use svn from the commandline, e.g.
> >
> > svn mv -m"your commit message" https://svn.codehaus.org/grails-plugins/grails-multi-tenant-core/trunk/grails-grails-multi-tenant-core-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.zip https://svn.codehaus.org/grails-plugins/grails-multi-tenant-core/trunk/grails-multi-tenant-core-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.zip
> >
> > You'll also need to cleanup https://svn.codehaus.org/grails-plugins/grails-multi-tenant-core/tags/RELEASE_1_0_0-SNAPSHOT/
> >
> > There's a whole extra directory that needs to be removed also: https://svn.codehaus.org/grails-plugins/grails-grails-multi-tenant-core/
> >
> > Burt
> >
> >> We are refactoring the multi tenant plugin and I accidentally pushed up a snapshot of the new plugin with an improper name.  The push was a zip only.  The bad one is called grails-multi-tenant-core and the good one is called multi-tenant-core.  What is the process for removing the SVN entry and the portal page entry as well?  The project is hosted on github and the source is not at codehaus at present.  This is a refactor of the current multi-tenant plugin located at multi-tenant by the original authors but moving to github to give people better access to fork the project.
> >>
> >> Any assistance would be very much appreciated.
> >>
> >> Scott Ryan
> >> President/CTO
> >> Soaring Eagle L.L.C.
> >> www.soaringeagleco.com
> >> [hidden email]
> >> (303) 263-3044

> >    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

Re: Help with bad push of plugin zip

burtbeckwith
I fixed the plugin metadata xml file.

Burt

> Also do how can i remove the entry in plugins.xml and the portal page?
>
> Scott Ryan

Re: Help with bad push of plugin zip

pledbrook
> No, the portal page won't get removed. Hopefully Peter will be able to do that as he's been doing a lot of work on the grails.org site recently.

Done.

Re: Help with bad push of plugin zip

scryan
Thank you very much.  Sorry for the hassle

Scott Ryan