How to disable the Resource plugin in 2.2RC2 & css-images paths in 2.2RC2?

How to disable the Resource plugin in 2.2RC2 & css-images paths in 2.2RC2?

Fred Janon
I am upgrading an app from 1.3.4. That app worked fine in dev mode in 1.3.4 and deployed in prod on Tomcat.

I am having issues with paths in my html fils for the css, images files.

- How can I completely disable the Resource plugin?
- Once the Resource plugin disables, are the paths (for the css, images) the same as in 1.3.4?

Thanks

Fred

Re: How to disable the Resource plugin in 2.2RC2 & css-images paths in 2.2RC2?

burtbeckwith
It's installed by default by being included in BuildConfig.groovy. You can remove any of the default plugins that you don't want.

Burt

Fred Janon wrote

Fred

Re: How to disable the Resource plugin in 2.2RC2 & css-images paths in 2.2RC2?

Fred Janon
Excellent, I commented it out in buildconfig and my project works now.

I would be nice to include that in the Grails doc resource plugin section.

Thanks

Fred

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 12:07 AM, burtbeckwith <[hidden email]> wrote:
It's installed by default by being included in BuildConfig.groovy. You can
remove any of the default plugins that you don't want.

Burt

Fred Janon wrote
> I am upgrading an app from 1.3.4. That app worked fine in dev mode in
> 1.3.4
> and deployed in prod on Tomcat.
>
> I am having issues with paths in my html fils for the css, images files.
>
> - How can I completely disable the Resource plugin?
> - Once the Resource plugin disables, are the paths (for the css, images)
> the same as in 1.3.4?
>
> Thanks
>
> Fred

Re: How to disable the Resource plugin in 2.2RC2 & css-images paths in 2.2RC2?

Antony Jones
BuildConfig and its uses are covered in the documentation. This isn't information specific to the resources plugin so it would be redundant to include it there.

On 22 November 2012 09:03, Fred Janon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Excellent, I commented it out in buildconfig and my project works now.

I would be nice to include that in the Grails doc resource plugin section.

Thanks

Fred

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 12:07 AM, burtbeckwith <[hidden email]> wrote:
It's installed by default by being included in BuildConfig.groovy. You can
remove any of the default plugins that you don't want.

Burt

Fred Janon wrote
> I am upgrading an app from 1.3.4. That app worked fine in dev mode in
> 1.3.4
> and deployed in prod on Tomcat.
>
> I am having issues with paths in my html fils for the css, images files.
>
> - How can I completely disable the Resource plugin?
> - Once the Resource plugin disables, are the paths (for the css, images)
> the same as in 1.3.4?
>
> Thanks
>
> Fred

ꜽ . antony jones . http://www.enzy.org

Re: How to disable the Resource plugin in 2.2RC2 & css-images paths in 2.2RC2?

Nathan Wells
redundant, but perhaps useful? it wouldn't be too hard to include a small sentence in the Resources documentation mentioning that it's enabled by default and that it can be removed by following a link to the BuildConfig docs.

Nathan Wells

ꜽ . antony jones . http://www.enzy.org