Idea: Grails based open source project

123

Re: Idea: Grails based open source project

Dmitriy Kopylenko-3
That's fine. I guess we have two projects identified here: 1) Camelot - the ideas repository; 2) Pendragon - the content management system.

I'm going to deal with Camelot ;-)

D.

2007/6/6, James Page <[hidden email]>:
I have just suggested Pendragon -- King Arther surname....

On 6/6/07, Dmitriy Kopylenko <[hidden email]> wrote:
Camelot works for me. I'll create a google group when I have a chance.

D.

2007/6/6, Raffaele Castagno <[hidden email]>:
That seems gooood to me.

For the name, what about "Round Table"?
James Page proposed "Camelot" as the name for some showcase project for
grails, and it would be very nice to use names from arthurian legends
for projects created by "Grails Knights" to promote grails itself.

Let's create a brand!

Of course it would be nice if names fit well with the purpose of the
named project, and "round table" seems good for a site where people can
propose, share, discuss and vote ideas.

Who will create the discussion group?

Raffaele

--

        */Raffaele CASTAGNO
/*/Logistica & Retail/

/www.gruppotesi.com/

*TESI S.p.A.*
Sede Legale: Via Mendicita' Istruita, 24 - 12042 Bra (CN)
Sede Operativa: Via Savigliano, 48 - 12060 Loc. Roreto di Cherasco (CN)
Tel. 0172 476301 - Fax 0172 476399 - [hidden email]

/
Disclaimer
Questo messaggio è rivolto unicamente al destinatario indicato e
potrebbe contenere informazioni riservate o confidenziali. Nel caso lo
avesse ricevuto per errore, ci scusiamo per l'inconveniente: lo segnali
cortesemente al mittente e distrugga subito l'originale. Ogni altro
utilizzo sarà considerato illegale. Tesi SpA non si assume alcuna
responsabilità per usi impropri di questo messaggio o di sue parti./

/This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain
privileged or confidential information. If you have received it in
error, we apologize for this: please notify the sender immediately and
delete the original. Any other use of the message is illegal. Tesi SpA
does not accept any liability for corruption, interception or damages,
if any, caused by unauthorized use of this message or parts./

Re: Idea: Grails based open source project

JamesPage
Cool....

[...]

Here is the Camelot group: http://groups.google.com/group/camelot-design-and-development

Anyone interested, please join, so we could continue discussions about uses cases, design and development of Camelot over there.

Cheers,
Dmitriy.

[...]

hamishagain@dcs.shef.ac.uk
james, graeme,

I have a spring bean that manages SVN sandboxes (based on SVNKit) that might
make sense as a plugin depending on your approach. SVNKit can work either with
sandboxes or directly on the repository. we chose the former approach as it
fits our existing CMS-related work practices, where we (a team of around 20
researchers supporting an open source project with a few thousand users) keep
everything in SVN and work with our local checked-out copies. the CMS/Wiki
that we're developing stores most of its data in these sandboxes, with a tiny
adminisrative DB (currently hypersonic) to manage paths and so on. one of the
main advantages is that off-line working and synchronisation comes for free:
in "workstation mode" each person runs their own local server and can sync
with SVN when connected; in "server mode" another set of sandboxes is checked
out and accessed by a public version of the webapp.

an issue then is to linearise SVN operations on the sandbox directory trees
(SVN itself locks the tree, so concurrent access is not possible), which is
the main point of my spring bean. this clearly raises a scaling issue; the
assumption is that read operations on the sanboxes is much more frequent than
locking write operations, and that write operations in SVN are pretty quick
anyway.

so, if you want to follow this kind of direction I could maybe contribute that
bean as a grails plugin.

I've not read up on JCR and have heard knowledgeable commentators who are
sceptical of the benefit of it, but I'd be happy to be persuaded otherwise!

best

hamish