Import spring xml files

seanblaes
Hi all, I'm trying to call a web service from inside Grails.  I found
the following article: http://code.supergloo.com/category/grails/.
However, it's talking about changing the spring xml files but it
appears you're using a DSL or something for that now, and all the
files they refer to in the article don't exist in my grails app.  How
do you import or include a spring xml file in the way that the spring
beans are setup in grails?

Re: Import spring xml files

burtbeckwith
The create-app script automatically creates an empty resources.groovy file for
you since using the Spring DSL is preferred over the older-style
resources.xml.

But both files' contents are used if they exist.

Burt

On Monday 03 March 2008 5:58:42 pm Sean Blaes wrote:

> If I just drop a resources.xml there will it automatically get loaded?
>
> On Mar 3, 2008, at 4:41 PM, Dmitriy Kopylenko wrote:
> > You could still use either plain old XML for the application context
> > definition e.g. conf/resources.xml or Spring Bean Builder DSL e.g.
> > cong/resources.groovy. It's up to you which one to use.
> >
> > Dmitriy.
> >
> > 2008/3/3, Sean Blaes <[hidden email]>:
> > Hi all, I'm trying to call a web service from inside Grails.  I found
> > the following article: http://code.supergloo.com/category/grails/.
> > However, it's talking about changing the spring xml files but it
> > appears you're using a DSL or something for that now, and all the
> > files they refer to in the article don't exist in my grails app.  How
> > do you import or include a spring xml file in the way that the spring
> > beans are setup in grails?

Re: Import spring xml files

Niko Schmuck
Yep, that's a very comfortable way to read in your 'legacy' bean
definitions
-- Niko

PS: For details, see chapter 14.2
http://grails.codehaus.org/doc/1.0.x/guide/14.%20Grails%20and%20Spring.html#14.2%20Configuring%20Additional%20Beans