Integrating GRAILS with JSF

R.Balasubramanian
I want to use JSF as view layer instead of gsp or jsp with grails. Can anyone please help me how to configure grails with jsf ?

Re: Integrating GRAILS with JSF

Steven Devijver
Hey,

JSF is conceptually very different from the request/response
controller in Grails. While I think it could be possible to have
Grails-like features built on top of JSF I doubt if you will ever seen
it in Grails.

Maybe someone can write a plugin but then again there has to be an
itch to scratch. JSF is bloathed for what Grails requires from a web
framework. We choose Spring MVC because it allowed us to keep things
simple and under control.

If you want achieve what Grails does with JSF you'll need to work
around JSF's many complications. Spring MVC is straight to the point.
JSF consists of abstractions built on top of abstractions.

Good luck

Steven

On 6/20/07, R.Balasubramanian <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  I want to use JSF as view layer instead of gsp or jsp with grails. Can
> anyone please help me how to configure grails with jsf ?

Re: Integrating GRAILS with JSF

graemer
It should be pointed out though that it is not technically impossible
as the Wicket integration proved

http://grails.org/Wicket+Plugin

Cheers

http://grails.org