Integrating Jboss Hornetq with grails application

Integrating Jboss Hornetq with grails application

harshin
Hi,

In my present project  we have requirement to integrate jboss hornetQ messaging into grails application,
I searched the net for any tutorials and i didn't find any,can anyone please show me a path on how to integrate hornetQ with grails application or simple tutorial that gives me direction to start.

Thanks
Harshin.kanthaiah

Re: Integrating Jboss Hornetq with grails application

harshin
Hi,

I already know about  this link  http://www.javacodegeeks.com/2010/06/spring-3-hornetq-21-integration.html that you suggested.
I am going through it.Since i never worked on springs,i was asking if there are any grails tutorials for hornetq integration.

Thanks for the reply.

Harshin.kanthaiah.

Re: Integrating Jboss Hornetq with grails application

sergiomichels
Ok, some tips then:

- Instead of jars in the lib folder, try to see if there's a maven repo and add the dependency in the buildConfig
- The beans that appears in the xml must be translated to the resources.groovy
- The @Autowired annotation (in service) means that the attribute will be populated by dependency injection. In Grails you will not need this.

--
Sérgio Michels

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 2:48 AM, harshin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I already know about  this link
http://www.javacodegeeks.com/2010/06/spring-3-hornetq-21-integration.html
that you suggested.
I am going through it.Since i never worked on springs,i was asking if there
are any grails tutorials for hornetq integration.

Thanks for the reply.

Harshin.kanthaiah.

Re: Integrating Jboss Hornetq with grails application

jKoder - Vamsi V
Hello
This is an interesting topic to develop a plug-in for.
I would like to volunteer to write the plug-in, but this is my first time writing the plug-in so please bear with me.
- Vamsi
  (Dallas TX)

Re: Integrating Jboss Hornetq with grails application

harshin

Thanks for the  tips , I am working on it.

Harshin.kanthaiah

Re: Integrating Jboss Hornetq with grails application

harshin

Its a very good idea to develop a plugin for hornetq,i have also not developed a plugin before,we can start thinking towards developing a plugin for hornetq.

Thanks
Harshin.kanthaiah

Re: Integrating Jboss Hornetq with grails application

Nibin Varghese
Hi,

There is a grails-jms plugin[1] available. So you can reuse this plugin to send and receive messages via hornetq. You may have to look at the section[2] to plugin a JMS provider. Change the dependencies to hornetq client libraries as given below (change the versions based on your requirement).

<!-- hornetQ/JMS client(only) dependencies -->
<dependency org="org.hornetq" name="hornetq-jms-client" rev="2.2.19.Final" />
<dependency org="org.hornetq" name="hornetq-core-client" rev="2.2.19.Final" />
<dependency org="org.jboss.netty" name="netty" rev="3.2.6.Final" />
<dependency org="javax.jms" name="jms" rev="1.1" />
<!-- <dependency org="jboss" name="jnp-client" rev="4.2.2.GA"/> -->
<dependency org="org.jboss.naming" name="jnpserver" rev="5.0.3.GA"/>

As by defaultm the grails-jms plugin looks for "jmsConnectionFactory", configure it to use the connection factory from hornetq.

Regards,
Nibin Varghese

Hi,