JNDI DataSource

Jonathan Carlson
Quick question (I hope :-)   What is the syntax for configuring a Grails
DataSource that uses a preconfigured one in a JNDI tree?

For example, I want to setup the DataSource in Tomcat and have Grails
use a lookup name to find it.  I've done it with a lot of apps so I
don't need a lot of "hand-holding", I just need to know how to tell
Grails the JNDI lookup name to use.

Thanks!

- Jonathan

the system manager.

Katun Corporation -- www.katun.com

Re: JNDI DataSource

Richard Bleachley
Hey Jonathan,

I've only recently been using Grails so I'm not sure about this. Have you tried
to configure Spring's JndiObjectFactoryBean in the Spring resource.xml file in
the Grails project directory?

I've tried to configure an object in this file and I could later use it in Grails objects.
I'm not sure if Grails allows you to configure a datasource externally.

Richard