JSP tags inside GSP

a.shneyderman
Is there a way to use JSP tags inside GSP.
I like GSP but sometimes I would like to use JSP tag libs (the main
reason for doing so is of course the number of libraries out there, I
think it would be a mistake to ignore all that work :-))

I am not sure how? If anyone has an idea on how to approach it? I will
probably have some time to tinker with it in about 3-4 weeks.

Thanks,
Alex.

Re: JSP tags inside GSP

graemer
On 4/19/06, Alex Shneyderman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there a way to use JSP tags inside GSP.
> I like GSP but sometimes I would like to use JSP tag libs (the main
> reason for doing so is of course the number of libraries out there, I
> think it would be a mistake to ignore all that work :-))
>
> I am not sure how? If anyone has an idea on how to approach it? I will
> probably have some time to tinker with it in about 3-4 weeks.

Its on the todo list see http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRAILS-45

It shouldn't be too hard.. we just need to provide a page context
implementation for GSP and update the GSP parser to lookup JSP tags
defined in the taglib directive

Graeme