Java Grails Developer

Manbir Khurana

Our Government client is seeking a Java Grails Developer for a 12 Month contract in Raleigh, NC

Role: Java Grails Developer

The objective of this project is to:

- Allow for robust and dynamic development with the inclusion of the Grails\Groovy JVM framework
- Provide a new look and feel to utilize future trends in web-based technology
- Eliminate the COTS functional code, COTS specified servers and unsupported dependencies
- Enhance the existing functionality per user requests
- Streamline the existing database into a more cohesive model
- Improve on reporting and interfaces into our data warehouse
- Develop additional Mobile Application features

The selected candidate will work in the capacity of a software Developer and will be responsible for:

- Assisting with the overall framework structure, navigation, components, workflow and security
- Providing technical analysis, design, programming, testing, documentation and implementation support
- Adhering to application development frameworks and standards to ensure re usability, maintainability, reliability, extensible and ease-of-use
- Identifying opportunities to improve application development frameworks and team productivity
- Participating in all business requirement discussions, design team and prototype meetings
- Reviewing all business functional, security, migration, and reporting documentation

Knowledge Required:
- Minimum of 5 years of Java Programming with web-based applications
- Knowledge of object-oriented methodology
- Experience in Grails, Groovy, Hibernate and related plug-ins
- Knowledgeable in the latest versions of HTML, JQuery UI ,CSS
- Knowledgeable with relational databases and SQL statements
- Excellent verbal communication

About Vector

Vector Consulting, Inc., (Headquartered in Atlanta) is an IT Talent Acquisition Solutions firm committed to delivering results. Since our founding in 1990, we have been partnering with our customers, understanding their business, and developing solutions with a commitment to quality, reliability and value. Our continuing growth has been and continues to be built around successful relationships that are based on our organization's operating philosophy and commitment to ** People, Partnerships, Purpose and Performance - THE VECTOR WAY.