Jesque plugin & priorities

jonspalmer

I’m evaluating the Jesque plugin for simple background job processing. One of the features I would expect to see is to allow particular jobs or queues to be assigned priorities. However, the documentation is light and I don’t see how that would be achieved. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Jon

Re: Jesque plugin & priorities

Jean Barmash 1
The current plugin as it stands does not have a notion of priorities.  There are some other (non-grails) implementations on GitHub that have priorities, but this one doesn't.

Depending on your problem, you could create additional queues that are higher priority.  For example, we have some queues that manage large background requests, but are about to introduce another queue for the same calculation that comes from the web server, so it's processed faster in case the background queue is backed up.

Jean

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 3:25 PM, Jon Palmer <[hidden email]> wrote:

I’m evaluating the Jesque plugin for simple background job processing. One of the features I would expect to see is to allow particular jobs or queues to be assigned priorities. However, the documentation is light and I don’t see how that would be achieved. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Jon

RE: Jesque plugin & priorities

jonspalmer

Jean,

Thanks for the quick reply. Are you saying that the individual queues CAN have differing priorities? If so how is that achieved?

Thanks

Jon

Re: Jesque plugin & priorities

Jean Barmash 1
Sorry, I wasn't clear.  No - it does not have built in queues with differing priorities.

I was suggesting you create two queues, e.g. JOB1Queue and JOB1Queue-HIGHPRIORITY.

Jean