Joda Time Plugin - Good option for handle date and time?

Joda Time Plugin - Good option for handle date and time?

sergiomichels
We have an requirement of handle date and time fields with some precisions like:

dd/MM/yyyy
HH:mm
dd/MM/yyyy HH:mm

We are also working with a legacy Oracle database, so all fields are dates in the db.

I saw in the docs of the Joda Time plugin that this uses a library for the hibernate user types, but this lib don't have much info.

Is this plugin a good solution for handling multiple date formats? It will work with oracle date field?

I can't find a sample application either. If exists it will be a good start point.

Sérgio Michels

Re: Joda Time Plugin - Good option for handle date and time?

Robin van Kaathoven
I've been told that Joda DateTime was invented because the native java Date class wasn't very useable. But the groovy Date is supposedly very good, rendering Joda Date Time obsolete.

I would like to hear more on the subject :)

Re: Joda Time Plugin - Good option for handle date and time?

pledbrook
> I've been told that Joda DateTime was invented because the native java Date
> class wasn't very useable. But the groovy Date is supposedly very good,
> rendering Joda Date Time obsolete.

Groovy certainly makes working with dates more convenient than plain
Java, but if you're doing a lot of date and time work, Joda Time is
still worth using. It's a saner model, has immutable date types, and
is just better to work with in general.

--
Peter Ledbrook
Developer Advocate