Launching server in debug mode

Luis Muniz-2
Hi all,

How can I add the debugging VM command line parameters in order to be able to connect to it with a remote debigger?

I need to add follwing arguments to the VM startup command line.

-Xdebug -Xnoagent - Djava.compiler=NONE -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=5005

The grails script starts up the server through the <groovy> ant task.

Has anyone been here before? The only thing i can think of is adding it to the batch invoking the java vm for ant.

Is there a better way to debug?

Is there a better way to debug?

Re: Re: Launching server in debug mode

Jeff Brown-2
I think a quick tutorial on how to attach a debugger to a grails app
would be a big help to a lot of folks.

--
Jeff Brown
[hidden email]

Autism Strikes 1 in 250
Find The Cause ~ Find The Cure
http://www.jeffandbetsy.net/walkfar2005/
http://www.naar.org/

Re: Re: Launching server in debug mode

graemer
I'm working on it, I want to hopefully get JSwat up and running so it
may be possibly to step through the Groovy code in a grails
application

Graeme

On 4/22/06, Jeff Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think a quick tutorial on how to attach a debugger to a grails app
> would be a big help to a lot of folks.
>

> Luis wrote:
>
> > I got it to work by adding the options in the ant launcher script...
> > not the cleanest solution.
> >

> > On 4/22/06, *Luis* < [hidden email]
> > <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
> >
> >     Hi all,
> >
> >     How can I add the debugging VM command line parameters in order to
> >     be able to connect to it with a remote debigger?
> >
> >     I need to add follwing arguments to the VM startup command line.
> >
> >     -Xdebug -Xnoagent - Djava.compiler=NONE
> >     -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=5005
> >

> >     The grails script starts up the server through the <groovy> ant task.
> >

> >     Has anyone been here before? The only thing i can think of is
> >     adding it to the batch invoking the java vm for ant.
> >
> >     Is there a better way to debug?
> >

> --
> Jeff Brown
> [hidden email]
> Principal Software Engineer
> Object Computing Inc.
> http://www.ociweb.com/
>
> Autism Strikes 1 in 250
> Find The Cause ~ Find The Cure
> http://www.jeffandbetsy.net/walkfar2005/
> http://www.naar.org/

Re: Re: Launching server in debug mode

Pietro Maggi
I really want to see this feature!
If you need a beta tester on windows/mac os PPC, here I'm.

Ciao
Pietro