Looking for devs to assume grails-aws

lucastex
Hi people,

I'm the main author/coder from grails-aws plugin, but since last year, I'm too busy running my startup here in Brazil and have almost no time to keep working on grails-aws plugin.

It is my main plugin, and we're using extensively here in our projects, but I know the grails community need this plugin to get updated and added with more features.

I'm looking for some developers that would like to assume grails-aws control, keep updating it and adding features on it.

The plugin is very stable at the current release, and as Cloud Computing (mainly aws) is growing, would be great to see it getting more useful each day.

I'm trying here in the grails-dev list first of trying grails-user, I think ppl here is more focused on plugin development than there.

Volunteers?

Thank you,

[]s,

[]s,

Re: Looking for devs to assume grails-aws

benlucchesi

Thinking about it. We're using aws in our app and and could use some upgrades to the plugin.

We'll take a look at the code shortly and let you know.

-ben

On Nov 29, 2012 5:24 PM, "Lucas F. A. Teixeira" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Nobody?

:(

[...]

[]s,

Re: Looking for devs to assume grails-aws

Jeff Brown-4

On Nov 29, 2012, at 7:36 PM, Ben Lucchesi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thinking about it. We're using aws in our app and and could use some upgrades to the plugin.
>
> We'll take a look at the code shortly and let you know.
>
> -ben

Thanks for taking a look Ben.  If you can step in that would be fantastic.

JSB

--
Jeff Brown
SpringSource

Autism Strikes 1 in 166
Find The Cause ~ Find The Cure
http://www.autismspeaks.org/

Re: Looking for devs to assume grails-aws

Ryan Vanderwerf
I would love to pitch in, but am unsure if I have time to takeover the whole thing,  as I work for a startup myself (that is using aws extensive ly). Maybe we find a group of a few committers we can divide up the tasks a lot easier.

Ryan

From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.

[]s,

Re: Looking for devs to assume grails-aws

apaganobeleno
i would like to get in, whats needed ?

--
Antonio Pagano
Sent with Sparrow

On Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 8:58 PM, Ryan Vanderwerf wrote:

I would love to pitch in, but am unsure if I have time to takeover the whole thing,  as I work for a startup myself (that is using aws extensive ly). Maybe we find a group of a few committers we can divide up the tasks a lot easier.

Ryan

From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.

[]s,

Re: Looking for devs to assume grails-aws

Ryan Vanderwerf
Lets get a list of who is game, and maybe the original author can kick off a laundry list of stuff that needs to get done. The we can either get access to the repo on github or move it to another account if the author wants.

Ryan

From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.

On Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 8:58 PM, Ryan Vanderwerf wrote:

I would love to pitch in, but am unsure if I have time to takeover the whole thing,  as I work for a startup myself (that is using aws extensive ly). Maybe we find a group of a few committers we can divide up the tasks a lot easier.

Ryan

From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.

[]s,

Re: Looking for devs to assume grails-aws

jonspalmer

Lucas,

I’d be very happy to take over running the plugin. We’re using it extensively at Care.com and already have committer rights to the github repo. Personally I will have only limited time for active development but plenty of time for coordinating pull requests, releases etc. if others are happy to contribute. Others on my team will also be able to contribute.

Please let me know if that works,

Jon

[...]

This email is intended for the person(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED or CONFIDENTIAL. Any unauthorized use, distribution, copying, or disclosure by any person other than the addressee(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete the message and any attachments from your system.

Re: Looking for devs to assume grails-aws

Ken Liu
I would like to help with this, as I've been working on my own AWS
Elastic Beanstalk plugin (as yet unreleased) that would be
complementary and could possibly be merged with this one. Don't have
the bandwidth to "own" the plugin though.

Ken

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 9:24 PM, Lucas F. A. Teixeira
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi people,
>
> I'm the main author/coder from grails-aws plugin, but since last year, I'm
> too busy running my startup here in Brazil and have almost no time to keep
> working on grails-aws plugin.
>
> It is my main plugin, and we're using extensively here in our projects, but
> I know the grails community need this plugin to get updated and added with
> more features.
>
> I'm looking for some developers that would like to assume grails-aws
> control, keep updating it and adding features on it.
>
> The plugin is very stable at the current release, and as Cloud Computing
> (mainly aws) is growing, would be great to see it getting more useful each
> day.
>
> I'm trying here in the grails-dev list first of trying grails-user, I think
> ppl here is more focused on plugin development than there.
>
> Volunteers?
>
> Thank you,
>
> []s,
>
> Lucas Teixeira

Re: Looking for devs to assume grails-aws

lucastex
Hi Ken!

We've created a new github org (grails.org/grails-aws) to keep working in the plugin and Jon Palmer (Jon Palmer <[hidden email]>) is taking care of it.

Merging plugins would be better! :)

[]s,

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> I'm the main author/coder from grails-aws plugin, but since last year, I'm
> too busy running my startup here in Brazil and have almost no time to keep
> working on grails-aws plugin.
>
> It is my main plugin, and we're using extensively here in our projects, but
> I know the grails community need this plugin to get updated and added with
> more features.
>
> I'm looking for some developers that would like to assume grails-aws
> control, keep updating it and adding features on it.
>
> The plugin is very stable at the current release, and as Cloud Computing
> (mainly aws) is growing, would be great to see it getting more useful each
> day.
>
> I'm trying here in the grails-dev list first of trying grails-user, I think
> ppl here is more focused on plugin development than there.
>
> Volunteers?
>
> Thank you,
>
> []s,
>
> Lucas Teixeira

Re: Looking for devs to assume grails-aws

Joe Little

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> I'm the main author/coder from grails-aws plugin, but since last year, I'm
> too busy running my startup here in Brazil and have almost no time to keep
> working on grails-aws plugin.
>
> It is my main plugin, and we're using extensively here in our projects, but
> I know the grails community need this plugin to get updated and added with
> more features.
>
> I'm looking for some developers that would like to assume grails-aws
> control, keep updating it and adding features on it.
>
> The plugin is very stable at the current release, and as Cloud Computing
> (mainly aws) is growing, would be great to see it getting more useful each
> day.
>
> I'm trying here in the grails-dev list first of trying grails-user, I think
> ppl here is more focused on plugin development than there.
>
> Volunteers?
>
> Thank you,
>
> []s,
>
> Lucas Teixeira

Re: Looking for devs to assume grails-aws

lucastex
haha, sorry! :)

That's what I've meant! :D

Thanks Joe,