Mac users please read

Marc Palmer Local
Hi,

We're trying to see if there remains an issue with line endings in
the Grails bin/grails script and related ant shell script on Mac OS X.

As far as we can see there is no problem with the scripts in SVN,
they all use \n (0x0A) for line feeds and have done since at least 0.2.

Could any Mac users confirm that they can download the latest 0.3
snapshot and run it out of the box with no modifications? I can do so
fine, and had no problems with 0.2 either - but I don't want to close
the issue unless we are sure there are no lingering problems on some
versions of OS X.

If you have problems please log them along with your OS X version and
shell type against this issue:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRAILS-217

Thanks in advance
Marc
~ ~ ~
Marc Palmer ([hidden email])
AnyWare Ltd. - Consultant

Authorized JIRA reseller, support and solutions provider

http://www.anyware.co.uk/

Re: Mac users please read

Frederic Jean-2
I'll give it a try.

Fred

On 7/26/06 9:14 AM, "Marc Palmer" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We're trying to see if there remains an issue with line endings in
> the Grails bin/grails script and related ant shell script on Mac OS X.
>
> As far as we can see there is no problem with the scripts in SVN,
> they all use \n (0x0A) for line feeds and have done since at least 0.2.
>
> Could any Mac users confirm that they can download the latest 0.3
> snapshot and run it out of the box with no modifications? I can do so
> fine, and had no problems with 0.2 either - but I don't want to close
> the issue unless we are sure there are no lingering problems on some
> versions of OS X.
>
> If you have problems please log them along with your OS X version and
> shell type against this issue:
>
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRAILS-217
>
> Thanks in advance
> Marc
> ~ ~ ~
> Marc Palmer ([hidden email])
> AnyWare Ltd. - Consultant
>
> Authorized JIRA reseller, support and solutions provider
>
> http://www.anyware.co.uk/

Frederic Jean
[hidden email]
http://typo.fredjean.net/

Re: Mac users please read

Frederic Jean-2
The only modification I had to make was to chmod +x the grails scripts and
the ant scripts. It shouldn't be a problem since it's a zip file limitation.
Once that was done, the grails script worked, and I was able to create a
quick test app.

Thanks :)

Fred

On 7/26/06 11:14 AM, "Frederic Jean" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'll give it a try.
>
> Fred
>

> On 7/26/06 9:14 AM, "Marc Palmer" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We're trying to see if there remains an issue with line endings in
>> the Grails bin/grails script and related ant shell script on Mac OS X.
>>
>> As far as we can see there is no problem with the scripts in SVN,
>> they all use \n (0x0A) for line feeds and have done since at least 0.2.
>>
>> Could any Mac users confirm that they can download the latest 0.3
>> snapshot and run it out of the box with no modifications? I can do so
>> fine, and had no problems with 0.2 either - but I don't want to close
>> the issue unless we are sure there are no lingering problems on some
>> versions of OS X.
>>
>> If you have problems please log them along with your OS X version and
>> shell type against this issue:
>>
>> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRAILS-217
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>> Marc
>> ~ ~ ~
>> Marc Palmer ([hidden email])
>> AnyWare Ltd. - Consultant
>>
>> Authorized JIRA reseller, support and solutions provider
>>
>> http://www.anyware.co.uk/

Frederic Jean
[hidden email]
http://typo.fredjean.net/

Re: Mac users please read

Jeremy Aston
same with me.  I update daily from svn and only have to chmod if I do
a clean build

cheers

Jeremy Aston
[hidden email]
http://www.realitylogic.com
Ph: 0870 458 9020
Fax: 0870 458 9021
Mobile: 07768 277092

http://www.digitalpicturehouse.com - Digital picture frames, a/v
cables, accessories and furniture.

On 26 Jul 2006, at 18:38, Frederic Jean wrote:

> The only modification I had to make was to chmod +x the grails
> scripts and
> the ant scripts. It shouldn't be a problem since it's a zip file
> limitation.
> Once that was done, the grails script worked, and I was able to
> create a
> quick test app.
>
> Thanks :)
>
> Fred
>

> On 7/26/06 11:14 AM, "Frederic Jean" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I'll give it a try.
>>
>> Fred
>>

>> On 7/26/06 9:14 AM, "Marc Palmer" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We're trying to see if there remains an issue with line endings in
>>> the Grails bin/grails script and related ant shell script on Mac
>>> OS X.
>>>
>>> As far as we can see there is no problem with the scripts in SVN,
>>> they all use \n (0x0A) for line feeds and have done since at
>>> least 0.2.
>>>
>>> Could any Mac users confirm that they can download the latest 0.3
>>> snapshot and run it out of the box with no modifications? I can
>>> do so
>>> fine, and had no problems with 0.2 either - but I don't want to
>>> close
>>> the issue unless we are sure there are no lingering problems on some
>>> versions of OS X.
>>>
>>> If you have problems please log them along with your OS X version
>>> and
>>> shell type against this issue:
>>>
>>> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRAILS-217
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>>> Marc
>>> ~ ~ ~
>>> Marc Palmer ([hidden email])
>>> AnyWare Ltd. - Consultant
>>>
>>> Authorized JIRA reseller, support and solutions provider
>>>
>>> http://www.anyware.co.uk/

> Frederic Jean
> [hidden email]
> http://typo.fredjean.net/

fulllogo.gif (6K) Download Attachment

Re: Mac users please read

Jeremy Aston

oops

sorry for the sig :-)

jez

On 26 Jul 2006, at 18:43, Jeremy Aston wrote:

> same with me.  I update daily from svn and only have to chmod if I
> do a clean build
>
> cheers
>
> Jeremy Aston
> [hidden email]
> http://www.realitylogic.com
> Ph: 0870 458 9020
> Fax: 0870 458 9021
> Mobile: 07768 277092
>
> http://www.digitalpicturehouse.com - Digital picture frames, a/v
> cables, accessories and furniture.
>

> <fulllogo.gif>
>

> On 26 Jul 2006, at 18:38, Frederic Jean wrote:
>
>> The only modification I had to make was to chmod +x the grails
>> scripts and
>> the ant scripts. It shouldn't be a problem since it's a zip file
>> limitation.
>> Once that was done, the grails script worked, and I was able to
>> create a
>> quick test app.
>>
>> Thanks :)
>>
>> Fred
>>

>> On 7/26/06 11:14 AM, "Frederic Jean" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I'll give it a try.
>>>
>>> Fred

>> --
>> Frederic Jean
>> [hidden email]
>> http://typo.fredjean.net/

Re: Mac users please read

Ok but what happens if you use the tar/gz?

Graeme

On 7/26/06, Frederic Jean <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The only modification I had to make was to chmod +x the grails scripts and
> the ant scripts. It shouldn't be a problem since it's a zip file limitation.
> Once that was done, the grails script worked, and I was able to create a
> quick test app.
>
> Thanks :)
>
> Fred
>

> On 7/26/06 11:14 AM, "Frederic Jean" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I'll give it a try.
> >
> > Fred
> >

> > On 7/26/06 9:14 AM, "Marc Palmer" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> We're trying to see if there remains an issue with line endings in
> >> the Grails bin/grails script and related ant shell script on Mac OS X.
> >>
> >> As far as we can see there is no problem with the scripts in SVN,
> >> they all use \n (0x0A) for line feeds and have done since at least 0.2.
> >>
> >> Could any Mac users confirm that they can download the latest 0.3
> >> snapshot and run it out of the box with no modifications? I can do so
> >> fine, and had no problems with 0.2 either - but I don't want to close
> >> the issue unless we are sure there are no lingering problems on some
> >> versions of OS X.
> >>
> >> If you have problems please log them along with your OS X version and
> >> shell type against this issue:
> >>
> >> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRAILS-217
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance
> >> Marc
> >> ~ ~ ~
> >> Marc Palmer ([hidden email])
> >> AnyWare Ltd. - Consultant
> >>
> >> Authorized JIRA reseller, support and solutions provider
> >>
> >> http://www.anyware.co.uk/

> >>     http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email
> >>

> --
> Frederic Jean
> [hidden email]
> http://typo.fredjean.net/

Re: Mac users please read

Jean-Francois Cloutier
With version 0.2, I had to get rid of ^M characters in shell files.

On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 18:52 +0100, Graeme Rocher wrote:

> Ok but what happens if you use the tar/gz?
>
> Graeme
>
> On 7/26/06, Frederic Jean <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > The only modification I had to make was to chmod +x the grails scripts and
> > the ant scripts. It shouldn't be a problem since it's a zip file limitation.
> > Once that was done, the grails script worked, and I was able to create a
> > quick test app.
> >
> > Thanks :)
> >
> > Fred
> >

> > On 7/26/06 11:14 AM, "Frederic Jean" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > I'll give it a try.
> > >
> > > Fred

> > --
> > Frederic Jean
> > [hidden email]
> > http://typo.fredjean.net/

Re: Mac users please read

Jean-Francois Cloutier
Under Linux

On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 13:57 -0400, Jean-Francois Cloutier wrote:

> With version 0.2, I had to get rid of ^M characters in shell files.
>
> On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 18:52 +0100, Graeme Rocher wrote:
> > Ok but what happens if you use the tar/gz?
> >
> > Graeme
> >
> > On 7/26/06, Frederic Jean <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > The only modification I had to make was to chmod +x the grails scripts and
> > > the ant scripts. It shouldn't be a problem since it's a zip file limitation.
> > > Once that was done, the grails script worked, and I was able to create a
> > > quick test app.
> > >
> > > Thanks :)
> > >
> > > Fred

> > > --
> > > Frederic Jean
> > > [hidden email]
> > > http://typo.fredjean.net/

Re: Mac users please read

Frederic Jean-2
Currently, no changes. I still had to chmod +x the grails and ant scripts.

I did download the binary snapshots in both format.

Fred

On 7/26/06 11:52 AM, "Graeme Rocher" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ok but what happens if you use the tar/gz?
>
> Graeme
>
> On 7/26/06, Frederic Jean <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> The only modification I had to make was to chmod +x the grails scripts and
>> the ant scripts. It shouldn't be a problem since it's a zip file limitation.
>> Once that was done, the grails script worked, and I was able to create a
>> quick test app.
>>
>> Thanks :)
>>
>> Fred
>>

>> On 7/26/06 11:14 AM, "Frederic Jean" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I'll give it a try.
>>>
>>> Fred

>> --
>> Frederic Jean
>> [hidden email]
>> http://typo.fredjean.net/

Frederic Jean
[hidden email]
http://typo.fredjean.net/

Re: Mac users please read

Marc Palmer Local

On 26 Jul 2006, at 18:52, Graeme Rocher wrote:

> Ok but what happens if you use the tar/gz?

Ditto for me - have to chmod.

Isn't the problem that you build releases on windows and can't set
the file perms for files put into a tar.gz?

Marc

Re: Re: Mac users please read

graemer
On 7/26/06, Marc Palmer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 26 Jul 2006, at 18:52, Graeme Rocher wrote:
>
> > Ok but what happens if you use the tar/gz?
>
> Ditto for me - have to chmod.
>
> Isn't the problem that you build releases on windows and can't set
> the file perms for files put into a tar.gz?

No but the ant tar task lets you specify which files should be chmod

PS Sending this from my new macbook ;-)

Graeme

> Marc

Re: Mac users please read

Jeremy Aston
heh!  you got one then my man!  welcome to the mac owners club and we
are so pleased to have you as a fully paid up member. Now you have a
new one I must upgrade my powerbook.....

jez