Max form size setting for Jetty

Steven Devijver
Hey,

I found this mail regarding the maximum form size impossed by Jetty:

http://www.nabble.com/Configuring-max-form-POST-size-tf2075629.html#a6334160

It there any way to set the
-Dorg.mortbay.http.HttpRequest.maxFormContentSize parameter without
changing the Grails scripts?

I've tried setting ANT_OPTS and JAVA_OPTS before running grails
run-app, to no avail.

(This one is a bummer for developing REST services with Grails.)

Thanks

Steven

Re: Max form size setting for Jetty

Steven Devijver
Ok, found the solution:

In Jetty 6 the property name has changed. It's now called:

org.mortbay.jetty.Request.maxFormContentSize

(Details here: http://www.nabble.com/change-in-how-to-set-maxFormContentSize-for-Jetty-6.1.4-t4049039.html
)

Setting JAVA_OPTS before running grails run-app works fine with Grails 1.0-RC1:

set JAVA_OPTS=-Dorg.mortbay.jetty.Request.maxFormContentSize=9999999

Steven

On 10/29/07, Steven Devijver <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I found this mail regarding the maximum form size impossed by Jetty:
>
> http://www.nabble.com/Configuring-max-form-POST-size-tf2075629.html#a6334160
>
> It there any way to set the
> -Dorg.mortbay.http.HttpRequest.maxFormContentSize parameter without
> changing the Grails scripts?
>
> I've tried setting ANT_OPTS and JAVA_OPTS before running grails
> run-app, to no avail.
>
> (This one is a bummer for developing REST services with Grails.)
>
> Thanks
>
> Steven

Re: Max form size setting for Jetty

Steven Devijver
Another thing to know:

If you set the Content-type HTTP header to text/xml in the request you
won't get the form size error.