Quantcast

MessageSource

Tamer
Hi All!

I would like to create a plugin to better utilize the potentiality of phraseapp.com .
Our application needs thousands of translations in several languages and I would like to have right away from phraseapp. some of the key features i want to implement right now are:
with hotswap after a translator amend a translation,
backup handling,
removing duplications, incongruence between code-base and phraseapp and so on..
long story short.. i think it worth give it a try.

the problem that i'm a little bit lost into the hierarchy of all messageSource classes and i don't understand which is used and which i shall extend to achieve my goal (because i think i just need to feed the existing one with phrasepp data).
i guess that it should be ReloadableResourceBundleMessageSource, but not sure.

other problems:
-where is ReloadableResourceBundleMessageSource initialized?
-where it receives the list of property files to deal with?
-how does it monitor the changes?

is it clear? does it makes sense? any advice?

cheers

Re: MessageSource

sergiomichels
ReloadableResourceBundleMessageSource is the implementation that Grails use, this is initilized in the i18n plugin: I18nGrailsPlugin. In the doWithSpring closure the plugin will set the list of files to look at.

If you don't want to use the i18n files, just implement MessageSource and declare the bean with the name messageSource.

--
Sérgio Michels

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 8:20 PM, Tamer Shahin <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thank you Sergio!
That's all i need.. i didn't saw the I18nGrailsPlugin before and i was wondering where all the magic was happinig! ;)
Now everything is much more clear, i hope to realize something soon!

Cheers

Il giorno venerdì 1 agosto 2014 02:17:45 UTC+1, Sergio Michels ha scritto:
ReloadableResourceBundleMessageSource is the implementation that Grails use, this is initilized in the i18n plugin: I18nGrailsPlugin. In the doWithSpring closure the plugin will set the list of files to look at.

If you don't want to use the i18n files, just implement MessageSource and declare the bean with the name messageSource.

--
Sérgio Michels

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 8:20 PM, Tamer Shahin <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="KVjiJYHhJ4IJ" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick="this.href='javascript:';return true;">tamer....@...> wrote:
Hi All!

I would like to create a plugin to better utilize the potentiality of <a href="http://phraseapp.com" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fphraseapp.com\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNGkpFg0fuhDHPU4p4cEVfDeMtdO5Q';return true;" onclick="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fphraseapp.com\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNGkpFg0fuhDHPU4p4cEVfDeMtdO5Q';return true;">phraseapp.com .