MongoDB & Spring security

Danilo Marques de Rezende
Hi,
I'm using MongoDB with Spring Security and after some adjustments it's working well.
But sometimes after my app is launched and I'm not interacting with it, (I guess a timeout
occours) the login stop to work. At the authfail method at LogginController, I got an
org.springframework.security.authentication.AuthenticationServiceException.
Cause: org.springframework.dao.DataAccessResourceFailureException: can't call something; nested exception is com.mongodb.MongoException$Network: can't call something
DetailMessage: can't call something; nested exception is com.mongodb.MongoException$Network: can't call something

After this the only way to get the app working again is by restarting the server.

Danilo Marques de Rezende

Re: MongoDB & Spring security

Graeme Rocher
Administrator
Probably related to https://jira.mongodb.org/browse/JAVA-483

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 4:25 PM, Danilo Marques de Rezende
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm using MongoDB with Spring Security and after some adjustments it's
> working well.
> But sometimes after my app is launched and I'm not interacting with it, (I
> guess a timeout
> occours) the login stop to work. At the authfail method at LogginController,
> I got an
> org.springframework.security.authentication.AuthenticationServiceException.
> Cause: org.springframework.dao.DataAccessResourceFailureException: can't
> call something; nested exception is com.mongodb.MongoException$Network:
> can't call something
> DetailMessage: can't call something; nested exception is
> com.mongodb.MongoException$Network: can't call something
>
> After this the only way to get the app working again is by restarting the
> server.
>

> --
> Danilo Marques de Rezende

http://www.springsource.com

Re: MongoDB & Spring security

burtbeckwith
Does it only happen when authenticating, or are other MondoDB accesses affected? It looks like a timeout issue or connectivity failure with your MongoDB server.

Burt

On Monday, February 27, 2012 12:25:40 PM Danilo Marques de Rezende wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm using MongoDB with Spring Security and after some adjustments it's
> working well.
> But sometimes after my app is launched and I'm not interacting with it, (I
> guess a timeout
> occours) the login stop to work. At the authfail method at
> LogginController, I got an
> *org.springframework.security.authentication.AuthenticationServiceException*
> .
> *Cause:* org.springframework.dao.DataAccessResourceFailureException: can't
> call something; nested exception is com.mongodb.MongoException$Network:
> can't call something
> *DetailMessage:* can't call something; nested exception is
> com.mongodb.MongoException$Network: can't call something
>
> After this the only way to get the app working again is by restarting the
> server.

Re: MongoDB & Spring security

Danilo Marques de Rezende
It only happens when authenticating. And only after some time the server stays
iddle. I'll try to discover exactly when it happens, but until now always had been
after a timeout.
But not at every timeout, because of this I confused...

2012/2/27 Burt Beckwith <[hidden email]>
Does it only happen when authenticating, or are other MondoDB accesses affected? It looks like a timeout issue or connectivity failure with your MongoDB server.

Burt

On Monday, February 27, 2012 12:25:40 PM Danilo Marques de Rezende wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm using MongoDB with Spring Security and after some adjustments it's
> working well.
> But sometimes after my app is launched and I'm not interacting with it, (I
> guess a timeout
> occours) the login stop to work. At the authfail method at
> LogginController, I got an
> *org.springframework.security.authentication.AuthenticationServiceException*
> .
> *Cause:* org.springframework.dao.DataAccessResourceFailureException: can't
> call something; nested exception is com.mongodb.MongoException$Network:
> can't call something
> *DetailMessage:* can't call something; nested exception is
> com.mongodb.MongoException$Network: can't call something
>
> After this the only way to get the app working again is by restarting the
> server.

Att.
Danilo Marques de Rezende
Graduando em engenharia de computação
Universidade Federal de Goiás
(62) 8206-3311

Re: MongoDB & Spring security

kiranprog
HI, I am new to MongoDB and having hard time to configure authentication with Spring boot. Can you please share me the SecurityConfig class how to configure with mongo DB