Quantcast

More grails apps under tomcat and same jdbc driver.

More grails apps under tomcat and same jdbc driver.

Mauro
I want run some grails applications under tomcat, all of these connect
to a postgresql database server.
I know that I have to put jdbc driver under grails-app/lib.
But there is a way to share the same jdbc driver for all applications
that need it?

Re: More grails apps under tomcat and same jdbc driver.

smaldini
Think about JNDI configuration on your container. Grails let you use jndi server.

Or put your driver in tomcat/libs instead of application/web-inf/libs.
Cheers

2010/1/18 Mauro <[hidden email]>
I want run some grails applications under tomcat, all of these connect
to a postgresql database server.
I know that I have to put jdbc driver under grails-app/lib.
But there is a way to share the same jdbc driver for all applications
that need it?

Re: More grails apps under tomcat and same jdbc driver.

cazacugmihai
put it in $TOMCAT_HOME/lib

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 6:10 PM, Mauro <[hidden email]> wrote:
I want run some grails applications under tomcat, all of these connect
to a postgresql database server.
I know that I have to put jdbc driver under grails-app/lib.
But there is a way to share the same jdbc driver for all applications
that need it?

-----------------------------------
Mihai Cazacu
Software Engineer
E-mail: [hidden email]
Mobile: +40 745 254 657

2010/1/18 Mihai Cazacu <[hidden email]>:
> put it in $TOMCAT_HOME/lib

Deleting the jar under grails-app/lib in every application?

Re: More grails apps under tomcat and same jdbc driver.

cazacugmihai
yes

Re: More grails apps under tomcat and same jdbc driver.

cazacugmihai
I did the same think with the log4j jar.

Re: More grails apps under tomcat and same jdbc driver.

Kimble
You can add an event hook in _Events.groovy and delete the common jars from the staging dir before the war file is created. That way you don't have to do this for every deployment.

eventCreateWarStart = { name, stagingDir ->
}

Mauro-27 wrote
2010/1/18 Mihai Cazacu <cazacugmihai@gmail.com>:
> put it in $TOMCAT_HOME/lib

Deleting the jar under grails-app/lib in every application?

 - Kim A. Betti
Have a nice day!