Multi Tenant Plugin - Single Tenant Mode

Multi Tenant Plugin - Single Tenant Mode

ramesan76
Hi,

I am using multi-tenant-core-1.0.3 plugin with single-tenant mode.

When I use jndi datasource, it works fine and picking the correct tenant db. If I use regular(DriverManager Data Source), it is not taking tenant database but referring to the default datasource.

Please anyone suggest me how to make it work.

Another issue when I use jndi datasource, I define the jndi datasources as grails.naming.entries in Config.groovy. But I cannot restart the server every time when there is a new client. So how can I create jndi datasource on the fly if I choose jndi option.

Please help me to overcome this situation.

Thanks in advance

Ramesh

Re: Multi Tenant Plugin - Single Tenant Mode

scryan
As far as I am aware the single tenant mode is only supported with JNDI datasources.  We can add other support but would need some indication as to how to configure those datasources on the fly.  In production it is usually frowned upon to include userid and password in the source code or config files.  If you use a server in production you can add jndi resources on the fly and update the configuration database to add new clients on the fly.

Scott Ryan
CTO
Denver, Colorado  USA
(303) 263-3044

On May 21, 2011, at 11:19 AM, ramesan76 wrote:

Hi,

I am using multi-tenant-core-1.0.3 plugin with single-tenant mode.

When I use jndi datasource, it works fine and picking the correct tenant db.
If I use regular(DriverManager Data Source), it is not taking tenant
database but referring to the default datasource.

Please anyone suggest me how to make it work.

Another issue when I use jndi datasource, I define the jndi datasources as
grails.naming.entries in Config.groovy. But I cannot restart the server
every time when there is a new client. So how can I create jndi datasource
on the fly if I choose jndi option.

Please help me to overcome this situation.

Thanks in advance

Ramesh

Re: Multi Tenant Plugin - Single Tenant Mode

ramesan76
Thanks Scott. I'll try that.