New defaults for transient binding in 2.0.2

New defaults for transient binding in 2.0.2

basejump (Josh)
In Jeff's blog he said
"In Grails 2.0.2 the data binding mechanism will by default exclude all properties which are static, transient or dynamically typed"

I can understand excluding statics and dynamically typed ("def"), but why transient? I think its a bit of overkill. In 99% of the cases, what default harm can be done by binding a transient? I understand that in edge cases one may want to restricted and you have already provided for a way to do this.
We do make use of binding to transients so is there a way to turn that off?