New tool for mocking 3rd party web services in tests - RFC

New tool for mocking 3rd party web services in tests - RFC

alxndrsn
I've been working on a tool for mocking 3rd party web services in
integration and functional tests.  It runs a web proxy (running on
grails), with responses configurable in your tests (implemented via
grails remote control plugin).

You can see the source and usage examples here:

https://github.com/frontlinesms/third-party-webservice-mocker

A few queries:

* anyone think this is interesting/useful?
* have I missed any obvious alternative to this tool?
* any suggestions, criticisms, contributions, requests?

Thanks for any and all feedback,

Alex

On 1 October 2013 10:40, Tomas Lin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Betamax would be an alternative to this tool and plays well with grails -
> http://freeside.co/betamax/

Thanks, Tomas - this looks very nice.

The main problem I've had with writing this is that some libraries
seem to ignore the java proxy system properties, and betamax obviously
faces the same issues.