Newbie Needs Help with Page Not Found for Layouts

Newbie Needs Help with Page Not Found for Layouts

brianivie
I'm very new to Grails, and currently trying to migrate an existing project that I didn't write from 1.1 to 1.3.6.

When I try to bring up the site in development mode after upgrading to 1.3.6 I get the following error:
(grails.app.controller.org.medhomeportal.site.SiteController):Page not found for /WEB-INF/grails-app/views/layouts/site.gsp

SiteController is my main controller, site.gsp is a layout GSP and does exist.  I think this has something to do with how paths are configured...

1.  When running in development mode is there a way to see the "Tomcat" side of things?  (What is the path to the Tomcat exploded war?)  Is it Tomcat or Jetty?

2.  Does this path look correct for a layout?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, even if it is to point out what to search for to find out the answers to these questions.

Re: Newbie Needs Help with Page Not Found for Layouts

Nick Vaidyanathan
I don't think the path conventions have changed from 1.1 to 1.3.6.

If site.gsp is a layout, then it is typically applied to other existing files (such as index.gsp) through the use of a <meta> tag. Your SiteController would look for a sites folder under views/ and try to go to index.gsp. Is it possible that it's not finding a misnamed partial template?

You may want to review http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-grails03118/index.html