No mapping for ... in DispatcherServlet with name 'grails'

No mapping for ... in DispatcherServlet with name 'grails'

Tomas Hubalek-3
Hello,

I have followed Grails Quick Start
(http://grails.codehaus.org/Quick+Start) and created sample application,
but it displays 404 not found. In console I see

[script] No mapping for [/my-test/book/list] in DispatcherServlet with
name 'grails'
[script] Successfully completed request
[script] Closing single Hibernate Session in OpenSessionInViewFilter

Has anybody idea what is wrong?

Tom

Re: No mapping for ... in DispatcherServlet with name 'grails'

graemer
What is the exact URL you typed into the browser?

Graeme

On 28/02/06, Tomas Hubalek <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have followed Grails Quick Start
> (http://grails.codehaus.org/Quick+Start) and created sample application,
> but it displays 404 not found. In console I see
>
> [script] No mapping for [/my-test/book/list] in DispatcherServlet with
> name 'grails'
> [script] Successfully completed request
> [script] Closing single Hibernate Session in OpenSessionInViewFilter
>
> Has anybody idea what is wrong?
>
> Tom

Re: No mapping for ... in DispatcherServlet with name 'grails'

Tomas Hubalek-3
I have tried both

http://localhost:8080/my-test/book/list

and

http://localhost:8080/my-test/book/list

Response was

HTTP ERROR: 404

/my-test/book/list Not Found

RequestURI=/my-test/book/list

Powered by Jetty://

Last commands from console was

   [groovy] No HandlerMappings found in servlet 'grails': using default
   [groovy] No HandlerAdapters found in servlet 'grails': using default
   [groovy] FrameworkServlet 'grails': initialization completed in 4598 ms
   [groovy] Servlet 'grails' configured successfully
   [groovy] Started WebApplicationContext[/my-test,/my-test]
   [groovy] Started SocketListener on 0.0.0.0:8080
   [groovy] Started org.mortbay.jetty.Server@1a0d866
   [groovy] statements executed successfully

wait-forever:

   [script] Started HttpContext[/,/]
 [script]      [copy] Copying 3 files to /home/tom/Projects/GrailsTest/my-test/tmp/war/WEB-INF/grails-app/views

   [script] Opening single Hibernate Session in OpenSessionInViewFilter
   [script] Closing single Hibernate Session in OpenSessionInViewFilter
   [script] Opening single Hibernate Session in OpenSessionInViewFilter
   [script] Testing handler map [org.springframework.web.servlet.handler.BeanNameUrlHandlerMapping@11650d6] in DispatcherServlet with name
'grails'
   [script] No handler found in getLastModified
   [script] DispatcherServlet with name 'grails' received request for [/my-test/book]
   [script] Testing handler map [org.springframework.web.servlet.handler.BeanNameUrlHandlerMapping@11650d6] in DispatcherServlet with name
'grails'
   [script] No mapping for [/my-test/book] in DispatcherServlet with name 'grails'

Graeme Rocher napsal(a):
What is the exact URL you typed into the browser?

Graeme

On 28/02/06, Tomas Hubalek [hidden email] wrote:

Hello,

I have followed Grails Quick Start
(http://grails.codehaus.org/Quick+Start) and created sample application,
but it displays 404 not found. In console I see

[script] No mapping for [/my-test/book/list] in DispatcherServlet with
name 'grails'
[script] Successfully completed request
[script] Closing single Hibernate Session in OpenSessionInViewFilter

Has anybody idea what is wrong?

Tom

Re: No mapping for ... in DispatcherServlet with name 'grails'

graemer
Have you updated and rebuilt Grails from the sources because I know
there was a problem loading classes on unix systems because of the
patterns in the
"org.codehaus.groovy.grails.commons.spring.GrailsResourceHolder"
class?

> [...]

> On 28/02/06, Tomas Hubalek <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>  Hello,
>
> I have followed Grails Quick Start
> (http://grails.codehaus.org/Quick+Start) and created sample
> application,
> but it displays 404 not found. In console I see
>
> [script] No mapping for [/my-test/book/list] in DispatcherServlet with
> name 'grails'
> [script] Successfully completed request
> [script] Closing single Hibernate Session in OpenSessionInViewFilter
>
> Has anybody idea what is wrong?
>
> Tom

Re: No mapping for ... in DispatcherServlet with name 'grails'

graemer
On 28/02/06, Tomas Hubalek <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  Ok. I will load latest HEAD from CVS, use Groovy JSR-05 and java 1.5 and I
> will try it again. In case that problem persists I will let you know.

Grails comes pre-packages with Groovy JSR-05, and only Java 1.4 is
required .. all you need is the latest CVS head :-)

As Grails has not been released yet, you have to unfortunately make
sure you have the latest code to ensure everything works as per the
docs as it is under active development.

> [...]
>  [script] Closing single Hibernate Session in OpenSessionInViewFilter
>

>  Tom
>
>  Graeme Rocher napsal(a):
>  What is the exact URL you typed into the browser?
>
> Graeme
>
> On 28/02/06, Tomas Hubalek <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>  Hello,
>
> I have followed Grails Quick Start
> (http://grails.codehaus.org/Quick+Start) and created sample
> application,
> but it displays 404 not found. In console I see
>
> [script] No mapping for [/my-test/book/list] in DispatcherServlet with
> name 'grails'
> [script] Successfully completed request
> [script] Closing single Hibernate Session in OpenSessionInViewFilter
>
> Has anybody idea what is wrong?
>
> Tom

Re: No mapping for ... in DispatcherServlet with name 'grails'

Yet another problem occured (I have modified BookController using scaffolding

class BookController {
   @Property scaffold = true
}
)

It is partially working, but when I click to show, it throws following exception (the same problem occurs also after adding new item).

/my-test/book/show/2:
   [script] org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.taglib.exceptions.GrailsTagException: Tag [actionSubmit] does not exist. No tag library found.
   [script]     at org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.pages.GroovyPage.invokeTag(GroovyPage.java:198)
   [script]     at gjdk.book_show_gsp_GroovyReflector.invoke(Unknown Source)
   [script]     at groovy.lang.MetaMethod.invoke(MetaMethod.java:111)
   [script]     at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.MetaClassHelper.doMethodInvoke(MetaClassHelper.java:636)
   [script]     at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:345)
   [script]     at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:312)
   [script]     at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.Invoker.invokeMethod(Invoker.java:156)
   [script]     at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.invokeMethod(InvokerHelper.java:104)
   [script]     at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.invokeMethod(ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:85)
   [script]     at book_show_gsp$_run_closure4.doCall(show.gsp:64)
   [script]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   [script]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
   [script]     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
   [script]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
   [script]     at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ReflectionMetaMethod.invoke(ReflectionMetaMethod.java:67)
[...]
   [script]     at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.invokeClosure(ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:163)
   [script]     at FormTagLib$_closure1.doCall(FormTagLib:47)
   [script]     at groovy.lang.Closure.call(Closure.java:176)
   [script]     at org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.pages.GroovyPage.invokeTag(GroovyPage.java:191)
   [script]     at gjdk.book_show_gsp_GroovyReflector.invoke(Unknown Source)
   [script]     at groovy.lang.MetaMethod.invoke(MetaMethod.java:111)
   [script]     at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.MetaClassHelper.doMethodInvoke(MetaClassHelper.java:636)
   [script]     at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:345)
   [script]     at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.Invoker.invokeMethod(Invoker.java:156)
   [script]     at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.invokeMethod(InvokerHelper.java:104)
   [script]     at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.invokeMethod(ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:85)
   [script]     at book_show_gsp.run(show.gsp:72)
   [script]     at org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.pages.GroovyPagesTemplateEngine$GroovyPageTemplateWritable.writeTo(GroovyPagesTemplateEngine.java:322)
   [script]     at org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.pages.GroovyPagesServlet.doPage(GroovyPagesServlet.java:136)
   [script]     at org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.pages.GroovyPagesServlet.doGet(GroovyPagesServlet.java:99)
   [script]     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:596)
   [script]     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
   [script]     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:427)
   [script]     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(WebApplicationHandler.java:473)
   [script]     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.dispatch(Dispatcher.java:280)
   [script]     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.forward(Dispatcher.java:171)
   [script]     at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.InternalResourceView.renderMergedOutputModel(InternalResourceView.java:97)
   [script]     at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.AbstractView.render(AbstractView.java:250)
   [script]     at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.render(DispatcherServlet.java:961)
   [script]     at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:738)
   [script]     at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:658)
   [script]     at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:392)
   [script]     at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:347)
   [script]     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(WebApplicationHandler.java:830)
   [script]     at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter.doFilterInternal(OpenSessionInViewFilter.java:174)
   [script]     at org.codehaus.groovy.grails.orm.hibernate.support.GrailsOpenSessionInViewFilter.doFilterInternal(GrailsOpenSessionInViewFilter.java:64)
   [script]     at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)
   [script]     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(WebApplicationHandler.java:821)
   [script]     at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:119)
   [script]     at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:55)
   [script]     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(WebApplicationHandler.java:821)
   [script]     at org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.servlet.filter.GrailsReloadServletFilter.doFilterInternal(GrailsReloadServletFilter.java:219)
   [script]     at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)
   [script]     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(WebApplicationHandler.java:821)
   [script]     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(WebApplicationHandler.java:471)
   [script]     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:568)
   [script]     at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1565)
   [script]     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle(WebApplicationContext.java:635)
   [script]     at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1517)
   [script]     at org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.service(HttpServer.java:954)
   [script]     at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:816)
   [script]     at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java:983)
   [script]     at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:833)
   [script]     at org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:244)
   [script]     at org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:357)
   [script]     at org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:534)

Tomas Hubalek napsal(a):
Yep. It helped. Thanks a lot.

Tom

 Graeme Rocher napsal(a):
 What is the exact URL you typed into the browser?

Graeme

On 28/02/06, Tomas Hubalek [hidden email] wrote:

 Hello,

I have followed Grails Quick Start
(http://grails.codehaus.org/Quick+Start) and created sample
application,
but it displays 404 not found. In console I see

[script] No mapping for [/my-test/book/list] in DispatcherServlet with
name 'grails'
[script] Successfully completed request
[script] Closing single Hibernate Session in OpenSessionInViewFilter

Has anybody idea what is wrong?

Tom

Re: No mapping for ... in DispatcherServlet with name 'grails'

graemer
Hi Tomas,

Your tag libraries are out-of-date, if you type:

grails init

The latest grails tag libraries will be copied in your
"my-test/grails-app/taglib" directory

Re-run your app and it will work.