Not able to change session timeout using webxml plugin anymore (Grails 2.1.1)

Not able to change session timeout using webxml plugin anymore (Grails 2.1.1)

Marcel Overdijk
Since Grails 2.1.1 the webxml plugin (installed by default when create-app) the plugin creates 2 <session-config> elements instead of 1. This causes a parse exception of the web.xml as only 1 element is allowed as per the spec.

See also http://jira.grails.org/browse/GPWEBXML-9 for a full description of the issue.

As this plugin hasn't been touched for 7 months, I wonder if this is a regression in Grails core?

Might it be interesting to move some parts this plugin does to Grails core?
 E.g like setting the session timeout *without* installing the templates. Maybe via Config.groovy?

Re: Not able to change session timeout using webxml plugin anymore (Grails 2.1.1)

burtbeckwith
I added a <session-config> element to the web.xml template for 2.1 to make it easy to change, so you can run install-templates and edit src/templates/war/web.xml instead of configuring it in the plugin. I'll fix the bug but for now this is a simple workaround.

Burt