Quantcast

Officially supported versions of grails

Rahul Agrawal
Hi,

Due to some of our personal constraints, we are still using grails 2.4.4 for some of our customers.
How can I know which versions of grails have been officially discontinued. Is there a pointer where this information can be retrieved from .

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Rahul

Re: Officially supported versions of grails

Jeff Brown

> On May 11, 2016, at 10:54 PM, Rahul Agrawal <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Due to some of our personal constraints, we are still using grails 2.4.4 for some of our customers.
> How can I know which versions of grails have been officially discontinued. Is there a pointer where this information can be retrieved from .

All of Grails 2.x is basically in maintenance mode.  In general, the only changes we are making there would be to address any critical security issues and changes needed by OCI support customers.  If a support customer has a need for something in 2.4.x or 2.5.x, we are still accommodating those.  Aside from that work, new development is not going on in 2.x.  All innovation and progress is happening in 3.x.

If you would like to discuss in any more detail, please let me know and we can setup a call to discuss.

Thanks!

JSB

Jeff Scott Brown
Principal Software Engineer