OpenLaszlo builder for views?

Steven Devijver
Hi,

Are there any plans for a builder syntax for open laszlo views? That
would be a nice replacement for the XML files. Maybe through the
render() method?

Thanks

Steven

Re: OpenLaszlo builder for views?

Yoshihiro ICHIYANAGI-2
Hi

2007/9/17, Steven Devijver <[hidden email]>:
> Hi,
>
> Are there any plans for a builder syntax for open laszlo views? That
> would be a nice replacement for the XML files. Maybe through the
> render() method?

Currently no plan.
If there is, it will be nice. Even for PROXY mode.

Cheers,
ichan

Re: OpenLaszlo builder for views?

Steven Devijver
I've looked at the OpenLaszlo 4.0.3 code ...

They don't seem to have many abstractions in place, things seem pretty
thightly coupled.

I was hoping it would be possible to replace the XML parsing by a
builder but I think I've given up that dream.

Shame

On 9/17/07, Yoshihiro ICHIYANAGI <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> 2007/9/17, Steven Devijver <[hidden email]>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Are there any plans for a builder syntax for open laszlo views? That
> > would be a nice replacement for the XML files. Maybe through the
> > render() method?
>
> Currently no plan.
> If there is, it will be nice. Even for PROXY mode.
>
> Cheers,
> ichan

Re: OpenLaszlo builder for views?

Yoshihiro ICHIYANAGI-2
Hi Steven,

If you did, please tell me.

BTW as PROXY mode Laszlo compiles at runtime, so it will be
slower than SOLO mode, which is already compiled SWF file.

So in latest release of laszlo plugin I've added a Gant script to
compile LZX to SWF named compile-laszlo. It will be quicker a little bit
to show views.

Now there are many Ajax GUI plugins for Grails. These are really nice and fast.
So Laszlo plugin should take aim to own way, which is only Laszlo can do
such as dynamic charts and animations and so on.

Welcome to send me any advices also directly!

Thanks,
ichan