PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH in STS

Mirko Weber-4
Hi,

the new STS2.6.0 in Eclipse is a great step forward. But I have now a problem, that my environmentsettings like PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH no more pass to grails launch. In previouse versions this works fine, now i get a UnsatisfiedLinkError.

How I pass a PATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH settings in STS2.6.0 to grails launch in the right way?

Thanks,
Mikro

Re: PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH in STS

Andrew Eisenberg
Hi Mikro,

You can go to Preferences -> Groovy -> Grails -> Grails Launch and set
some system properties there.  These will globally set system
properties for all grails launches.  This may not work for you,
however since these are system properties and not environment
variables.

So, if this doesn't work, you will need to set up a grails launcher
and explicitly set environment variables there.  And any grails
command that requires the environment variables will need to go
through that launcher.  Here's how to set it up:

1. Open up you Run Configurations page
2. Select Grails, right-click, New
3. On the Environment tab, enter the environemnt variables you require
4, Select the project and command on the Grails tab

Please let me know what works for you and we may need to create a new
properties page where you can specify environment variables (in
addition to system properties).

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 12:52 AM, Mirko Weber <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
> the new STS2.6.0 in Eclipse is a great step forward. But I have now a
> problem, that my environmentsettings like PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH no more
> pass to grails launch. In previouse versions this works fine, now i get
> a UnsatisfiedLinkError.
> How I pass a PATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH settings in STS2.6.0 to grails launch
> in the right way?
> Thanks,
> Mikro

Re: PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH in STS

Mirko Weber-4
Hi Andrew,

the first one dosen't work for me. The run configuration works. But it is much less handy compared to the grails command prompt.

Thanks,
Mirko

2011/3/24 Andrew Eisenberg <[hidden email]>
Hi Mikro,

You can go to Preferences -> Groovy -> Grails -> Grails Launch and set
some system properties there.  These will globally set system
properties for all grails launches.  This may not work for you,
however since these are system properties and not environment
variables.

So, if this doesn't work, you will need to set up a grails launcher
and explicitly set environment variables there.  And any grails
command that requires the environment variables will need to go
through that launcher.  Here's how to set it up:

1. Open up you Run Configurations page
2. Select Grails, right-click, New
3. On the Environment tab, enter the environemnt variables you require
4, Select the project and command on the Grails tab

Please let me know what works for you and we may need to create a new
properties page where you can specify environment variables (in
addition to system properties).

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 12:52 AM, Mirko Weber <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
> the new STS2.6.0 in Eclipse is a great step forward. But I have now a
> problem, that my environmentsettings like PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH no more
> pass to grails launch. In previouse versions this works fine, now i get
> a UnsatisfiedLinkError.
> How I pass a PATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH settings in STS2.6.0 to grails launch
> in the right way?
> Thanks,
> Mikro

Re: PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH in STS

Mirko Weber-4
Hi,

Is there any progress on this issue. On STS 2.6.1 i don't find any other setup!?

Thank,
Mirko

2011/3/28 Mirko Weber <[hidden email]>
Hi Andrew,

the first one dosen't work for me. The run configuration works. But it is much less handy compared to the grails command prompt.

Thanks,
Mirko

2011/3/24 Andrew Eisenberg <[hidden email]>
Hi Mikro,

You can go to Preferences -> Groovy -> Grails -> Grails Launch and set
some system properties there.  These will globally set system
properties for all grails launches.  This may not work for you,
however since these are system properties and not environment
variables.

So, if this doesn't work, you will need to set up a grails launcher
and explicitly set environment variables there.  And any grails
command that requires the environment variables will need to go
through that launcher.  Here's how to set it up:

1. Open up you Run Configurations page
2. Select Grails, right-click, New
3. On the Environment tab, enter the environemnt variables you require
4, Select the project and command on the Grails tab

Please let me know what works for you and we may need to create a new
properties page where you can specify environment variables (in
addition to system properties).

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 12:52 AM, Mirko Weber <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
> the new STS2.6.0 in Eclipse is a great step forward. But I have now a
> problem, that my environmentsettings like PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH no more
> pass to grails launch. In previouse versions this works fine, now i get
> a UnsatisfiedLinkError.
> How I pass a PATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH settings in STS2.6.0 to grails launch
> in the right way?
> Thanks,
> Mikro

Re: PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH in STS

Konstantinos Kostarellis
Hi Mirko,

just some suggestions:
1) If you want something to get fixed you will need to open a jira ticket
in that case you will need to use the jira installation here:

2) if its something you was able to use by the grails on the shell/command prompt
you can still use it with calling the Grails Command Prompt window in
STS (Ctrl+Shift+Alt+G) or (Cmd+Shift+Alt+G on the Mac).

Cheers,
   Kosta