Plugin Developers: Get involved in the pending plugin approvals

Plugin Developers: Get involved in the pending plugin approvals

Graeme Rocher
Administrator
Hi all,

We have moved all discussion around plugin approvals to the new website. For those who previously got involved in discussions around plugin approvals please visit:

You can see plugins that are pending approval to the central repository and comment on them in the disqus comments.

Thanks for your participation!

http://www.springsource.com

Re: Plugin Developers: Get involved in the pending plugin approvals

alxndrsn
On 26 November 2012 11:32, Graeme Rocher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We have moved all discussion around plugin approvals to the new website. For
> those who previously got involved in discussions around plugin approvals
> please visit:
>
> http://grails.org/plugins/pending
>
> You can see plugins that are pending approval to the central repository and
> comment on them in the disqus comments.
>
> Thanks for your participation!

Hi Graeme,

Are people who weren't previously involved in this process welcome to
discuss plugin approval?

Discussion seems quite slow; was this the case when the discussion
took place on the mailing list?  If not, then would it make sense for
plugin submissions to be announced on this mailing list as well?

Thanks for any info,

Alex

Re: Plugin Developers: Get involved in the pending plugin approvals

Graeme Rocher
Administrator
Obviously if you submit a request on Thursday or Friday it has a chance not to be reviewed until Monday.. so "slow" is all relative, we do our best to keep up with the reviews.

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 7:51 AM, Alex Anderson <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 26 November 2012 11:32, Graeme Rocher <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We have moved all discussion around plugin approvals to the new website. For
> those who previously got involved in discussions around plugin approvals
> please visit:
>
> http://grails.org/plugins/pending
>
> You can see plugins that are pending approval to the central repository and
> comment on them in the disqus comments.
>
> Thanks for your participation!

Hi Graeme,

Are people who weren't previously involved in this process welcome to
discuss plugin approval?

Discussion seems quite slow; was this the case when the discussion
took place on the mailing list?  If not, then would it make sense for
plugin submissions to be announced on this mailing list as well?

Thanks for any info,

Alex

http://www.springsource.com

Re: Plugin Developers: Get involved in the pending plugin approvals

Eamonn O'Connell-2
"If not, then would it make sense for
plugin submissions to be announced on this mailing list as well?"

I agree. It needs to be a bit more push than pull. People are not going to keep pinging the plugin pending page.

On 19 March 2013 11:26, Graeme Rocher <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Obviously if you submit a request on Thursday or Friday it has a chance not
> to be reviewed until Monday.. so "slow" is all relative, we do our best to
> keep up with the reviews.
>
> But of course the whole community is welcome to get involved, that was the
> idea. As for announcing on the mailing list, that would require changes to
> the website. The source code is at
> https://github.com/grails-samples/grails-website if you wish to contribute

Thanks, will take a look.

Re: Plugin Developers: Get involved in the pending plugin approvals

alxndrsn
On 19 March 2013 13:07, Alex Anderson
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 19 March 2013 11:26, Graeme Rocher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Obviously if you submit a request on Thursday or Friday it has a chance not
>> to be reviewed until Monday.. so "slow" is all relative, we do our best to
>> keep up with the reviews.
>>
>> But of course the whole community is welcome to get involved, that was the
>> idea. As for announcing on the mailing list, that would require changes to
>> the website. The source code is at
>> https://github.com/grails-samples/grails-website if you wish to contribute
>
> Thanks, will take a look.

Anyone interested, I submitted a pull request for this last week:
https://github.com/grails-samples/grails-website/pull/23