Plugin publication migration HOWTO

Graeme Rocher
Administrator
Hi all,

I have published a very simple HOWTO on what is involved to migrate to
publishing to the new repository. It can be found here:

http://grails.github.com/grails-howtos/en/migrateToTheNewCentralRepository.html

I would encourage plugin developers (once you have confirmation that
you have permission to the new repo) to begin publishing to the new
repo using the recently released 2.0.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT version of the
release plugin (see the above HOWTO for info)

I encourage users as well to start using the new repository straight
away and to provide feedback. If you add the following repository to
your BuildConfig you can start using the new repository today:

repositories {
   grailsRepo "http://grails.org/plugins"
}

We will soon be making the SVN repository read-only, so the earlier
you make this transition the better.

Once the SVN repository is read-only we are going to be changing the
DNS entry for http://plugins.grails.org/ to point at
"http://grails.org/plugins"

This will mean that Grails 2.0.x applications will transparently start
resolving plugins against the new repository without any changes.

Grails 1.3.x applications will need to add the previously mentioned
'grailsRepo' repository configuration (we plan to release 1.3.8 to
address this)

Let us know your thoughts and if you encounter any issues with the new
infrastructure.

http://www.springsource.com

Re: [grails-dev] Plugin publication migration HOWTO - 1.3.7 dependency problem

Martin Hauner
Hi,

On 15.03.12 13:47, Graeme Rocher wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have published a very simple HOWTO on what is involved to migrate to
> publishing to the new repository. It can be found here:
>
> http://grails.github.com/grails-howtos/en/migrateToTheNewCentralRepository.html

I'm unable to upgrade the release-plugin to 2.0.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT in my plugin
which is based on grails 1.3.7.

The release-plugin has a dependency on ":rest-client-builder:1.0.2" which itself
requests grails 2.0.

--
Martin

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 10:19 PM, Martin Hauner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 15.03.12 13:47, Graeme Rocher wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have published a very simple HOWTO on what is involved to migrate to
>> publishing to the new repository. It can be found here:
>>

>> http://grails.github.com/grails-howtos/en/migrateToTheNewCentralRepository.html
>

> I'm unable to upgrade the release-plugin to 2.0.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT in my
> plugin which is based on grails 1.3.7.
>
> The release-plugin has a dependency on ":rest-client-builder:1.0.2" which
> itself requests grails 2.0.

We encourage folks to release plugins with Grails 2.0, and it will be
the minimum version for releasing plugins into the new repo. Grails
2.0 produces more correct POMs (something we can't guarantee with
Grails 1.3.x)

You will need to download Grails 2.0 to release your plugin

http://www.springsource.com