Pom.xml configuration for different env for deploying Grails plugin

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Pom.xml configuration for different env for deploying Grails plugin

clr meno
I have separated out the domain classes to a plugin and am including it in the main application through entry in BuildConfig.groovy as I am using Grails 2.4.4. Locally I run maven-install to get the plugin zip installed to the local maven cache.
If I have to configure it in a CI tool like Bamboo I would have to do it through pom.xml.  What is the best way to configure different env through poml.xml so that the generated grails plugin is deployed onto local cache for local env and onto company repository for higher environments.
Thanks for the inputs.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Grails Dev Discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/grails-dev-discuss/22fc3fae-fddc-4dc2-9287-8a2b4c75de77%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Pom.xml configuration for different env for deploying Grails plugin

Jeff Scott Brown-4
On 8 Jun 2017, at 11:34, clr meno wrote:

> I have separated out the domain classes to a plugin and am including
> it in
> the main application through entry in BuildConfig.groovy as I am using
> Grails 2.4.4. Locally I run maven-install to get the plugin zip
> installed
> to the local maven cache.
> If I have to configure it in a CI tool like Bamboo I would have to do
> it
> through pom.xml.  What is the best way to configure different env
> through
> poml.xml so that the generated grails plugin is deployed onto local
> cache
> for local env and onto company repository for higher environments.
> Thanks for the inputs.
>

Why is it that you think you have to do this through pom.xml?

When you say “…is deployed onto local cache for local env and onto
company repository for higher environments” what is it that you mean
by “local env” and what do you mean by “higher environments”?




JSB

--
Jeff Scott Brown
OCI Grails Practice Lead
Principal Software Engineer

Autism Strikes 1 in 166
Find The Cause ~ Find The Cure
http://www.autismspeaks.org/

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Grails Dev Discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/grails-dev-discuss/188FA214-4465-424A-8971-05328929E99F%40objectcomputing.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Pom.xml configuration for different env for deploying Grails plugin

clr meno
Thanks for your response Jeff.
By local environment I mean my workspace on my laptop. By higher environment I mean the stage and prod env which uses CI (Bamboo) to do the build and deploy. My assumption was that I would have to do it through pom, but please advise if there is a better way.

On Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 9:32:53 PM UTC-4, Jeff Scott Brown wrote:
On 8 Jun 2017, at 11:34, clr meno wrote:

> I have separated out the domain classes to a plugin and am including
> it in
> the main application through entry in BuildConfig.groovy as I am using
> Grails 2.4.4. Locally I run maven-install to get the plugin zip
> installed
> to the local maven cache.
> If I have to configure it in a CI tool like Bamboo I would have to do
> it
> through pom.xml.  What is the best way to configure different env
> through
> poml.xml so that the generated grails plugin is deployed onto local
> cache
> for local env and onto company repository for higher environments.
> Thanks for the inputs.
>

Why is it that you think you have to do this through pom.xml?

When you say “…is deployed onto local cache for local env and onto
company repository for higher environments” what is it that you mean
by “local env” and what do you mean by “higher environments”?




JSB

--
Jeff Scott Brown
OCI Grails Practice Lead
Principal Software Engineer

Autism Strikes 1 in 166
Find The Cause ~ Find The Cure
<a href="http://www.autismspeaks.org/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.autismspeaks.org%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHLOilSQBYB1lzLN6Ms6K6DtQY5DQ&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.autismspeaks.org%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHLOilSQBYB1lzLN6Ms6K6DtQY5DQ&#39;;return true;">http://www.autismspeaks.org/

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Grails Dev Discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/grails-dev-discuss/d4e1f6e0-1005-4217-97b9-da199a26212d%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Pom.xml configuration for different env for deploying Grails plugin

clr meno
For local workspace on my laptop I need to install the plugin onto local maven cache. I need to get the grails plugin from local maven cache if it is not present in enterprise repo. For CI server configurations, I need to install/deploy the plugin on to enterprise repository and I need to load the plugin from enterprise repo. Any advise is much appreciated.

Thanks!

On Monday, June 12, 2017 at 11:52:45 AM UTC-4, clr meno wrote:
Thanks for your response Jeff.
By local environment I mean my workspace on my laptop. By higher environment I mean the stage and prod env which uses CI (Bamboo) to do the build and deploy. My assumption was that I would have to do it through pom, but please advise if there is a better way.

On Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 9:32:53 PM UTC-4, Jeff Scott Brown wrote:
On 8 Jun 2017, at 11:34, clr meno wrote:

> I have separated out the domain classes to a plugin and am including
> it in
> the main application through entry in BuildConfig.groovy as I am using
> Grails 2.4.4. Locally I run maven-install to get the plugin zip
> installed
> to the local maven cache.
> If I have to configure it in a CI tool like Bamboo I would have to do
> it
> through pom.xml.  What is the best way to configure different env
> through
> poml.xml so that the generated grails plugin is deployed onto local
> cache
> for local env and onto company repository for higher environments.
> Thanks for the inputs.
>

Why is it that you think you have to do this through pom.xml?

When you say “…is deployed onto local cache for local env and onto
company repository for higher environments” what is it that you mean
by “local env” and what do you mean by “higher environments”?




JSB

--
Jeff Scott Brown
OCI Grails Practice Lead
Principal Software Engineer

Autism Strikes 1 in 166
Find The Cause ~ Find The Cure
<a href="http://www.autismspeaks.org/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.autismspeaks.org%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHLOilSQBYB1lzLN6Ms6K6DtQY5DQ&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.autismspeaks.org%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHLOilSQBYB1lzLN6Ms6K6DtQY5DQ&#39;;return true;">http://www.autismspeaks.org/

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Grails Dev Discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/grails-dev-discuss/3df1f2c7-4cd8-4964-8c0a-8171093bb586%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Loading...