Pre-compiling Groovy Source

James Christie-2
I have been working with a small Grails test site and I've come upon a deployment question.  Creating a .war file it simplicity itself, but I noticed that the Groovy controllers I created are packaged in their original text form rather than as compiled code.  Is there a way to pre-compile Groovy source to boost performance or is there something intrinsic in Grails that makes this unnecessary? In a similar vein, when I deployed the .war on Tomcat (which worked flawlessly by the way) I didn't see JSP/GSP pages being cached in the "work" folder.  Is this happening behind the scenes somewhere else, or is there some type of configuration setting that needs to be specified in order to make this happen?

Thanks in advance.  This is a very exciting project and I'm looking forward to doing more with the framework!

Regards,

Jim Christie

Re: Pre-compiling Groovy Source

graemer
On 4/25/06, James Christie <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have been working with a small Grails test site and I've come upon a
> deployment question.  Creating a .war file it simplicity itself, but I
> noticed that the Groovy controllers I created are packaged in their original
> text form rather than as compiled code.  Is there a way to pre-compile
> Groovy source to boost performance or is there something intrinsic in Grails
> that makes this unnecessary?

This is not necessary as the files are loaded and compiled into byte
code at runtime so this would make no difference to the performance.

In a similar vein, when I deployed the .war on
> Tomcat (which worked flawlessly by the way) I didn't see JSP/GSP pages being
> cached in the "work" folder.  Is this happening behind the scenes somewhere
> else, or is there some type of configuration setting that needs to be
> specified in order to make this happen?
GSPs are compiled into classes and reside inside the classloader hence
they don't exist anywhere physically.

> Thanks in advance.  This is a very exciting project and I'm looking forward
> to doing more with the framework!
Great! :-)