Problems with webtest

celineM
Hi.
I have problems with the plugin webtest. I created webtests for my grails application.
When I run webtest, i got this error :

$ grails run-webtest
Welcome to Grails 1.1.1 - http://grails.org/
Licensed under Apache Standard License 2.0
Grails home is set to: /home/cmalaquin/Applications/grails-1.1.1

Base Directory: /home/cmalaquin/workspace2/formationDroolsImpot
Running script /home/cmalaquin/.grails/1.1.1/projects/formationDroolsImpot/plugins/webtest-1.1.4.2/scripts/RunWebtest.groovy
Environment set to test
  [groovyc] Compiling 1 source file to /home/cmalaquin/.grails/1.1.1/projects/formationDroolsImpot/classes
Running WebTest ...
Running HTTP Server on port 8181 ...
Running Grails application..
Server running. Browse to http://localhost:8181/formationDroolsImpot
WebTest Plugin Home: /home/cmalaquin/.grails/1.1.1/projects/formationDroolsImpot/plugins/webtest-1.1.4.2 ...
WebTest Home: /home/cmalaquin/.grails/1.1.1/projects/formationDroolsImpot/plugins/webtest-1.1.4.2/home ...
Grails Home: /home/cmalaquin/Applications/grails-1.1.1 ...
Application Base Dir: /home/cmalaquin/workspace2/formationDroolsImpot ...

call:
     [java] Caught: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: name
     [java]     at grails.util.WebTest.<init>(WebTest.groovy:17)
     [java]     at TestSuite.<init>(TestSuite.groovy)
     [java]     at TestSuite.main(TestSuite.groovy:6)
     [java] Java Result: 1
0 tests have failed ...
WebTest complete
Server stopped

I am with grails 1.1.1 and webtest 1.1.4.2
My project use the plugin ivy too

I really don't understand what is the problem.
Thanks for help.

celine

Re: Problems with webtest

Dierk König
Hi Celine,

could you please post your *Test.groovy?

There must be a vanilla reference in it called "name" that WebTest
doesn't understand.

cheers
Dierk

Am 03.06.2009 um 15:21 schrieb celineM:

> Hi.
> I have problems with the plugin webtest. I created webtests for my
> grails
> application.
> When I run webtest, i got this error :
>
> $ grails run-webtest
> Welcome to Grails 1.1.1 - http://grails.org/
> Licensed under Apache Standard License 2.0
> Grails home is set to: /home/cmalaquin/Applications/grails-1.1.1
>
> Base Directory: /home/cmalaquin/workspace2/formationDroolsImpot
> Running script
> /home/cmalaquin/.grails/1.1.1/projects/formationDroolsImpot/plugins/
> webtest-1.1.4.2/scripts/RunWebtest.groovy
> Environment set to test
>  [groovyc] Compiling 1 source file to
> /home/cmalaquin/.grails/1.1.1/projects/formationDroolsImpot/classes
> Running WebTest ...
> Running HTTP Server on port 8181 ...
> Running Grails application..
> Server running. Browse to http://localhost:8181/formationDroolsImpot
> WebTest Plugin Home:
> /home/cmalaquin/.grails/1.1.1/projects/formationDroolsImpot/plugins/
> webtest-1.1.4.2
> WebTest Home:
> /home/cmalaquin/.grails/1.1.1/projects/formationDroolsImpot/plugins/
> webtest-1.1.4.2/home
> Grails Home: /home/cmalaquin/Applications/grails-1.1.1 ...
> Application Base Dir: /home/cmalaquin/workspace2/
> formationDroolsImpot ...
>
> call:
>     [java] Caught: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: name
>     [java]     at grails.util.WebTest.<init>(WebTest.groovy:17)
>     [java]     at TestSuite.<init>(TestSuite.groovy)
>     [java]     at TestSuite.main(TestSuite.groovy:6)
>     [java] Java Result: 1
> 0 tests have failed ...
> WebTest complete
> Server stopped
>
> I am with grails 1.1.1 and webtest 1.1.4.2
> My project use the plugin ivy too
>
> I really don't understand what is the problem.
> Thanks for help.
>
> celine

Re: Problems with webtest

celineM
In fact, I think that the problem is not with my webtest but with the plugin ivy, because without ivy in my application, my webtest works fine.
But I need this plugin ivy to manage the dependencies of my project.

Webtest and Ivy aren't compatible?

celine

Re: Problems with webtest

Dierk König
WebTest is used in many projects that are based on maven or ivy.
It is totally agnostic about the use of any of those.

cheers
Dierk

Am 09.06.2009 um 17:41 schrieb celineM:

> In fact, I think that the problem is not with my webtest but with
> the plugin
> ivy, because without ivy in my application, my webtest works fine.
> But I need this plugin ivy to manage the dependencies of my project.
>
> Webtest and Ivy aren't compatible?
>
> celine

Re: Problems with webtest

Lee Butts
Hi,

That's a strange error, it's happening on the line in Webtest.groovy that tries to initialise a commons logger.
Is Ivy pulling in a conflicting logging library?

cheers

Lee