Proxy Not Being Set

pager
I'm setting up Grails for the first time so I downloaded version 2.3.7. I'm working in a corporate environment so I needed to add a proxy to be able to get through the firewall for downloads.  I used the following example commands to set up a proxy client entry:

grails add-proxy client --host=proxy-server-value-here --port=port-here
grails set-proxy client

This added a "client" entry to the ProxySettings.groovy file in User/Home/.grails/, however it did not add the values for the "host" and "port" parameters that I specified.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Is this a known bug?

I was able to resolve this by editing the ProxySettings file manually and adding my values in single quotes.

Thanks,
pager

Re: Proxy Not Being Set

Erik Pragt-3
You're saying 'corporate', so I'm guessing Windows, right? In that case, you need to put quotes around the values, like this:

grails add-proxy client --host="proxy-server-value-here" --port="port-here"

Greets,

Erik

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 5:24 PM, pager <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm setting up Grails for the first time so I downloaded version 2.3.7. I'm
working in a corporate environment so I needed to add a proxy to be able to
get through the firewall for downloads.  I used the following example
commands to set up a proxy client entry:

grails add-proxy client --host=proxy-server-value-here --port=port-here
grails set-proxy client

This added a "client" entry to the ProxySettings.groovy file in
User/Home/.grails/, however it did not add the values for the "host" and
"port" parameters that I specified.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Is this a known bug?

I was able to resolve this by editing the ProxySettings file manually and
adding my values in single quotes.

Thanks,
pager

Re: Proxy Not Being Set

pager
Yes you are correct it is a Windows environment.  I re-tried adding double quotes around the host and port parameters for the add-proxy command, and I got the same result:  the entry was created in ProxySettings.groovy but no values were populated.

Re: Proxy Not Being Set

Guillaume Laforge-2
Allez, avoue, elle est de combien ta commission ? :-D

On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 4:11 PM, pager <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes you are correct it is a Windows environment.  I re-tried adding double
quotes around the host and port parameters for the add-proxy command, and I
got the same result:  the entry was created in ProxySettings.groovy but no
values were populated.

Guillaume Laforge
Groovy Project Manager
Pivotal, Inc.