Quartz / Hibernate problem after Grails upgrade

Quartz / Hibernate problem after Grails upgrade

Paul Alexandrow-3
Hi List,

after upgrading a project from Grails 1.2.0 to 1.3.5 we have a problem
with one of our quartz jobs (which used to work just fine in 1.2.0).

Basically, it's the same problem as in GRAILSPLUGINS-1807 [1] - trying
to update a domain object results in a "no thread bound
request..."-exception (just modifying a boolean flag is sufficient to
reproduce the behaviour - all other stuff has been removed from the Job
for tracing purposes).
Dealing with objects besides updating them works - just like described
in [1].

Unfortunately, none of the suggested fixes from [1] worked for us:
  * we *are* using quartz 0.4.2
  * the withTransaction workaround does not work
  * the sessionFactory workaround does not work

One more detail, that might be of interest (probably obvious on the
other hand): I suppose that the exception is thrown when the hibernate
session is to be flushed. If we use save(flush:true), the exception is
thrown when this is called on the first object in our iteration. If we
just use save(), the exception is thrown after execute() has been
executed and all updates should be written to the database.

I know that [2] states that quartz was not tested with 1.3.5, but since
[3] still mentions the quartz plugin, I guess [2] is just outdated...

Any help appreciated, tia,
Paul

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRAILSPLUGINS-1807
[2] http://www.grails.org/plugin/quartz
[3] http://www.grails.org/doc/latest/guide/single.html

Re: Quartz / Hibernate problem after Grails upgrade

Sergey Nebolsin
Hi, Paul!

Please try https://github.com/downloads/nebolsin/grails-quartz/grails-quartz-1.0-SNAPSHOT-469c6c7.zip and if the issue still exists — create new ticket with the steps to reproduce.

Cheers

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 00:04, Paul Alexandrow <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

CTO at Prophotos.ru, Bestphotographer.ru and Fotoshkola.net