Quartz support?

Stephan.Schmidt
Hello,

any plans to support Quartz[1] as a scheduler? For example packing
TimerTask into a timers (like services/) directory? That would be
quite easy,
useful and something rails doesn't have ;-)

Most applications need some timed tasks for scanning, import, backups
etc.

bye
-stephan

[1] http://www.opensymphony.com/quartz/

Re: Quartz support?

graemer
We're listening :-) Suggest an idea, a syntax you would like to see
and then we can discuss it

Graeme

On 3/23/06, Stephan J. Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> any plans to support Quartz[1] as a scheduler? For example packing
> TimerTask into a timers (like services/) directory? That would be
> quite easy,
> useful and something rails doesn't have ;-)
>
> Most applications need some timed tasks for scanning, import, backups
> etc.
>
> bye
> -stephan
>
> [1] http://www.opensymphony.com/quartz/

Re: Quartz support?

Stephan.Schmidt
Ok I'll do :-)

bye
-stephan

On 23.03.2006, at 10:22, Graeme Rocher wrote:

> We're listening :-) Suggest an idea, a syntax you would like to see
> and then we can discuss it
>
> Graeme
>
> On 3/23/06, Stephan J. Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> any plans to support Quartz[1] as a scheduler? For example packing
>> TimerTask into a timers (like services/) directory? That would be
>> quite easy,
>> useful and something rails doesn't have ;-)
>>
>> Most applications need some timed tasks for scanning, import, backups
>> etc.
>>
>> bye
>> -stephan
>>
>> [1] http://www.opensymphony.com/quartz/

RE: Quartz support?

Dierk König
I guess Spring comes with Quartz support.
Injecting this as service may do it.

ciao
Mittie

Yes it does, but how to integrate quartz scheduling into Grails
- Where to inject the tasks? (A system class the user does not see)
- Automatically load all tasks from timers/

bye
-stephan