REST, binding, and URL mappings

pledbrook
Hi folks,

I have created a new uber-issue for REST and URL mapping related tickets here:

    http://jira.grails.org/browse/GRAILS-9888

The idea here is to collate the individual issues for when REST and
URL mappings are tackled. That work is likely to involve significant
changes, so it's important to get an idea of what we want the Grails
support to look like and what features it should implement.

It may not be possible to implement everything in GRAILS-9888, but
together the sub-tasks should inform any new design of both the
internals and the API that users work with.

So if this is a topic that interests you, I recommend getting
involved. Perhaps we can discuss potential features and changes here
and evolve those into more sub-tasks of GRAILS-9888.

I think it would also be good to start some functional tests based on
accepted issues/sub-tasks that the community can contribute to. I find
functional tests relatively time-consuming, but it shouldn't be hard
to split up the work if there are enough volunteers.

Binding is a separate, although related, issue for which there is
currently no uber-issue. I think this is another area that could do
with clear plan for how it should behave. Should we create an
uber-issue for this too?

Cheers,

Peter

--
Peter Ledbrook
t: @pledbrook

Re: REST, binding, and URL mappings

longwa
Seems like there are enough data-binding tickets open already to warrant an uber-issue. I have to believe more will be added as the work progresses.

I think many of the data-binding tickets need to be verified using the latest version of Grails. I've commented on a few that I know to be working already in later versions.

Rgds,
Aaron

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 1:17 PM, Peter Ledbrook <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Jeff Brown-4

On Mar 1, 2013, at 8:15 PM, Aaron Long <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Seems like there are enough data-binding tickets open already to warrant an uber-issue. I have to believe more will be added as the work progresses.
>
> I think many of the data-binding tickets need to be verified using the latest version of Grails. I've commented on a few that I know to be working already in later versions.
>
> Rgds,
> Aaron

I have created http://jira.grails.org/browse/GRAILS-9895.

JSB