RabbitMQ Plugin yields Class not found when deploying to tomcat

RabbitMQ Plugin yields Class not found when deploying to tomcat

sryan
I am trying to deploy my grails app to a tomcat server in a war.  I can run locally and connect to RabbitMQ and publish and subscribe and everything works fine.  When I War up the project and deploy it to a tomcat server I get an exception as the war is deploying.  Is there something I am missing in the packaging of the war or the configuration of the plugin?  Rabbit is running on the server.

java.lang.IllegalStateException
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1370)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1329)
at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.ConsumerDispatcher.handleShutdownSignal(ConsumerDispatcher.java:145)
at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.ChannelN.broadcastShutdownSignal(ChannelN.java:249)
at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.ChannelN.processShutdownSignal(ChannelN.java:262)
at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.ChannelManager.handleSignal(ChannelManager.java:90)
at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQConnection.shutdown(AMQConnection.java:675)
at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQConnection$MainLoop.run(AMQConnection.java:543)
Exception in thread "AMQP Connection 127.0.0.1:5672" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/rabbitmq/client/impl/ConsumerDispatcher$5
at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.ConsumerDispatcher.handleShutdownSignal(ConsumerDispatcher.java:145)
at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.ChannelN.broadcastShutdownSignal(ChannelN.java:249)
at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.ChannelN.processShutdownSignal(ChannelN.java:262)
at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.ChannelManager.handleSignal(ChannelManager.java:90)
at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQConnection.shutdown(AMQConnection.java:675)
at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQConnection$MainLoop.run(AMQConnection.java:543)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.rabbitmq.client.impl.ConsumerDispatcher$5
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1484)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1329)
... 6 more

Scott Ryan

Re: RabbitMQ Plugin yields Class not found when deploying to tomcat

a.shneyderman
versions? tomcat, rabbit plugin ... etc.
is there a chance you have a duplicate amqp-client jar? just a shot in a dark.

Also, are you sure that the exception you showed is the reason for the
shutdown?
Looks like shutdown happens because of something else ...

Cheers,
Alex.