Quantcast

Re: Grails Tag Library

Guillaume Laforge-2
Hello,

I think the Grails Tag library could also contain specific tags for UI
components.
We could work on a few useful components like:

- a calendar
- a file upload component
- a rich text editor
- an input/select with auto-completion

Also tags for standard checboxes, radio buttons, buttons, select or
input fields might be useful too.

Other ideas?

--
Guillaume Laforge
Groovy Project Manager
http://glaforge.free.fr/blog/groovy

Re: Grails Tag Library

Guillaume Laforge-2
A little follow-up...

I'm not a big fan of JSF, but I must say they have some great
components like trees, multiple section lists, date pickers, colour
choosers, and so on. That'd be great to have some tags to easily
integrate our actions with such nice components to improve our
prodoctivity on the view side to, and not only on the
ORM/services/controller/actions side.

Just for the record, here are two links to Oracle's ADF components,
and to some components of the Echo library:

Oracle ADF components:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/jdev/htdocs/partners/addins/exchange/jsf/doc/tagdoc/core/imageIndex.html

Echo component library:
http://echopoint.sourceforge.net/VisualIndex/aaaa____VisualIndex.html

Groovy Project Manager
http://glaforge.free.fr/blog/groovy

Re: Grails Tag Library

graemer
I've done a bit of research and I think we should forget about JSF for
the moment as it may over complicate things...

However I do think we should have a serious look at Dojo
(http://dojotoolkit.org/) for the ajaz integration and Ajax UI stuff

Graeme

On 23/12/05, Guillaume Laforge <[hidden email]> wrote:

> A little follow-up...
>
> I'm not a big fan of JSF, but I must say they have some great
> components like trees, multiple section lists, date pickers, colour
> choosers, and so on. That'd be great to have some tags to easily
> integrate our actions with such nice components to improve our
> prodoctivity on the view side to, and not only on the
> ORM/services/controller/actions side.
>
> Just for the record, here are two links to Oracle's ADF components,
> and to some components of the Echo library:
>
> Oracle ADF components:
> http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/jdev/htdocs/partners/addins/exchange/jsf/doc/tagdoc/core/imageIndex.html
>
> Echo component library:
> http://echopoint.sourceforge.net/VisualIndex/aaaa____VisualIndex.html
>
> On 22/12/05, Guillaume Laforge <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I think the Grails Tag library could also contain specific tags for UI
> > components.
> > We could work on a few useful components like:
> >
> > - a calendar
> > - a file upload component
> > - a rich text editor
> > - an input/select with auto-completion
> >
> > Also tags for standard checboxes, radio buttons, buttons, select or
> > input fields might be useful too.
> >
> > Other ideas?
> >
> > --
> > Guillaume Laforge
> > Groovy Project Manager
> > http://glaforge.free.fr/blog/groovy
> >

> --
> Guillaume Laforge
> Groovy Project Manager
> http://glaforge.free.fr/blog/groovy

Re: Grails Tag Library

graemer
It also seems to be more actively under development than OpenRico
(which I am now having concerns about given the lead developer has
left the company that is behind it and progress has been slow)

And has a great manual: http://manual.dojotoolkit.org

Checkout the test cases for the widgets:
http://archive.dojotoolkit.org/nightly/tests/widget/

> I've done a bit of research and I think we should forget about JSF for
> the moment as it may over complicate things...
>
> However I do think we should have a serious look at Dojo
> (http://dojotoolkit.org/) for the ajaz integration and Ajax UI stuff
>
> Graeme
>
> On 23/12/05, Guillaume Laforge <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > A little follow-up...
> >
> > I'm not a big fan of JSF, but I must say they have some great
> > components like trees, multiple section lists, date pickers, colour
> > choosers, and so on. That'd be great to have some tags to easily
> > integrate our actions with such nice components to improve our
> > prodoctivity on the view side to, and not only on the
> > ORM/services/controller/actions side.
> >
> > Just for the record, here are two links to Oracle's ADF components,
> > and to some components of the Echo library:
> >
> > Oracle ADF components:
> > http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/jdev/htdocs/partners/addins/exchange/jsf/doc/tagdoc/core/imageIndex.html
> >
> > Echo component library:
> > http://echopoint.sourceforge.net/VisualIndex/aaaa____VisualIndex.html
> >
> > On 22/12/05, Guillaume Laforge <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I think the Grails Tag library could also contain specific tags for UI
> > > components.
> > > We could work on a few useful components like:
> > >
> > > - a calendar
> > > - a file upload component
> > > - a rich text editor
> > > - an input/select with auto-completion
> > >
> > > Also tags for standard checboxes, radio buttons, buttons, select or
> > > input fields might be useful too.
> > >
> > > Other ideas?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Guillaume Laforge
> > > Groovy Project Manager
> > > http://glaforge.free.fr/blog/groovy
> > >

> > --
> > Guillaume Laforge
> > Groovy Project Manager
> > http://glaforge.free.fr/blog/groovy

Re: Grails Tag Library

Guillaume Laforge-2
> It also seems to be more actively under development than OpenRico
> (which I am now having concerns about given the lead developer has
> left the company that is behind it and progress has been slow)
>
> And has a great manual: http://manual.dojotoolkit.org
>
> Checkout the test cases for the widgets:
> http://archive.dojotoolkit.org/nightly/tests/widget/

Some nice widgets.
I guess that'd certainly make more sense then to use a more active
framework like Dojo.

--
Guillaume Laforge
Groovy Project Manager
http://glaforge.free.fr/blog/groovy

Re: Grails Tag Library

graemer
The cool thing is the widgets are all CSS driven so although they may
not look so impressive in the test cases i linked earlier.. they can
be made to look nicer as is demonstrated by this db admin app
developed using dojo: http://www.turboajax.com/turbodbadmin_demo/

Also Wicket and WebWork use dojo to support ajax development

Graeme

On 26/12/05, Guillaume Laforge <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 24/12/05, Graeme Rocher <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > It also seems to be more actively under development than OpenRico
> > (which I am now having concerns about given the lead developer has
> > left the company that is behind it and progress has been slow)
> >
> > And has a great manual: http://manual.dojotoolkit.org
> >
> > Checkout the test cases for the widgets:
> > http://archive.dojotoolkit.org/nightly/tests/widget/
>
> Some nice widgets.
> I guess that'd certainly make more sense then to use a more active
> framework like Dojo.
>
> --
> Guillaume Laforge
> Groovy Project Manager
> http://glaforge.free.fr/blog/groovy

Re: Grails Tag Library

Guillaume Laforge-2
> The cool thing is the widgets are all CSS driven so although they may
> not look so impressive in the test cases i linked earlier.. they can
> be made to look nicer as is demonstrated by this db admin app
> developed using dojo: http://www.turboajax.com/turbodbadmin_demo/

I had seen that interface some time ago, but I didn't remember it was
done with Dojo. That's pretty cool!

> Also Wicket and WebWork use dojo to support ajax development

A sure sign this project is of high quality and full featured.

--
Guillaume Laforge
Groovy Project Manager
http://glaforge.free.fr/blog/groovy

Re: Grails Tag Library

Guillaume Laforge-2
On 23/12/05, Guillaume Laforge <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]
> Oracle ADF components:
> http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/jdev/htdocs/partners/addins/exchange/jsf/doc/tagdoc/core/imageIndex.html
>
> Echo component library:
> http://echopoint.sourceforge.net/VisualIndex/aaaa____VisualIndex.html

Just for inspiration and for reference, here are some links to the
WebWork tags that Graeme pointed me at:

http://www.opensymphony.com/webwork/wikidocs/Non%20Form%20Tags.html
http://www.opensymphony.com/webwork/wikidocs/Form%20Tags.html